7 days sober! First week in years

I am so proud of myself! I’ve made it 7 days AF. I don’t remember the last time I’ve had a stretch like this since before 2005. Day 5 Friday was the hardest because i have a habit of grabbing a drink after work and not stopping until Sunday night. No hangover this week!! I spoiled myself and got some fresh teas and sparkling water. Thank you to this app and the community. I read the threads when i’m struggling. I’m just not going to drink today.

25 Likes

Awesome job! I find sparkling water helps me too.

1 Like

Awesome job! Those first 7 days are a huge step! Be super proud of yourself!

Also side question,

What does the AF stand for?

3 Likes

Well done on 7 maybe try ameeting might help wish you well

Congratulations!! It’s good to spoil yourself with small things that motivate you! :clap:t2::tada: Keep it up!

1 Like

You should be so proud! You’re awesome and you are inspiring me! Excellent work and YAY To no Hangovers!

1 Like

Woo hoo! I am also on a good streak. I have gine longer than I have in years. Feels good. Lrts keep each other accountable!

2 Likes

Not what you think it stands for,Justin!:rofl:
If l’m right, l thought the same thing and it didn’t make sense in context to the sentence!

2 Likes

What a great achievement, we’re proud of you! As others have already said: the first week is, by far, the hardest! And look at yourself now, you’ve done it!
Remember that its only three days left until you reach double digits. Ten days sober are just around the corner. Hang in there, mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done and keep going, if you did 7 you can do 8 as well :muscle:

1 Like

Well done you! Ive never been able to get past day 3 and I am over 5 weeks now. I think something inside me just said enough! Im attending regular meetings and had a few rough nights but stay posting here as the support is amazing. Sending love and best wishes and lets do this ODAAT. :heart:

2 Likes

Well done this is really really great

Same here.I have tracked my drinking in a habit app since 2016. First 7 day stretch in a very long time. Friday was difficult for me as well, for the same reason but made it through. Congratulations friend!

:joy::laughing: haha I thought the same thing.

1 Like