75 days - so very productive

Added in a 75 in between 60 and 90 because that seemed like a long time. The days are going by faster and easier. No hangovers is great & mood & confidence have improved. It’s also amazing to see how much $$ I used to waste going out, plus on legal issues (thousands). Am becoming more like old self - more friendly - not completely miserable from feeling sick, but have been sleeping excessively. Do have numerous health problems specifically chronic pain, but am just taking it a day at a time. Cheers to non-alcoholic beverages! Also, organizing life more - got new vehicle and new laptop, prepping for tax appointment. It feels good to be so responsible, but do find self bored when not accomplishing all of my tasks because am isolating on purpose because I have trouble with temperature regulation and cannot stay warm even indoors. Oh, one previous friend who asked me to go out for drinks few months back, when I responded - don’t go there anymore plus don’t drink. He goes “That’s awesome!”. Never heard from him since, LOL, same for the rest. They’ve mostly all faded out. Cheers to new life!

4 Likes

How about reaching out to your friends that aren’t a trigger and inviting them for coffee, lunch, to go see a movie…something different. You don’t have to be alone and bored all of the time just because you’re sober. Be creative and try new things.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been reaching out to a few of my old co-workers who still work in my field (I am currently in between contracts). I’ll probably do lunch with 2 of them. I’ve also been hanging out with my Mom and sis more who don’t drink and could also plan a trip to visit other sis and family in VA. Trying to get the TAX situation over with asap, but need to be organized first. Have some Drs appts and also do talk to sober friends at the gym. Slow and steady wins the race. It’s too cold for me to go anywhere anyhow because I have some type of problems trying to stay warm even indoors. Thank you for all tips.

1 Like

Congratulations :balloon::tada: and thank you for sharing such an inspirational post!

1 Like