9 Days and counting

I have nine days today. I have been on this recovery game for about 10 years with two stints in treatment. Starting over, and for good this time. My life is completely out of control and I realize that the only way out is through sobriety. I could use some encouragement today from all of ya. This is my first post here, so thanks in advance!

9 Likes

Well done. How long have you been sober before? And what support do you have this time, if not a treatment centre?

I had 4 years at one time, but I went back out for the last five. I have a great sponsor and my list of numbers is growing. Going to meetings every day.

2 Likes

You can do this! Dont know what your vice is, but we dont drink or use one day at a time. Break the day down into increments if you have to. Ive been in and out of recovery for 5 years. Ive been to rehab 6 times myself. I currently have 14 months sobriety. So i know you can do it! If i can do it, you can do it!
I dont know if you thought about hitting some aa or na or smart meetings. But i would suggest hitting meetings. That is big for me and a reason ive been so successful in my recovery.
Do things differently this time around! Keep doing the same things over and over and expexting a different result is the definition of insanity. I got tired of being tired.
I hope this will help get you started. Sobriety is possible you have to do the foot work though…

1 Like

8 days in and feeling your pain… we can stick to this with everyone’s help

1 Like

Thank you for the words!

1 Like

I have been blessed with a great sponsor. If you don’t have one yet get one. I am in a good place today because of that and meetings. You can do it!

Welcome, @Slappy! You’re in good company. Together we are fighting the good fight :sunflower: how’s your Friday going? any good weekend plans?

1 Like

Im 4 days in, i wont say from what because it doesnt matter. Just know you have been sober before and can do it again.
I believe in you.

1 Like

Just meeting bro. Hangin in there one hour at a time. Thanks for the welcome.

1 Like

@Twowaymirror Thank you! Same to you!

Read "This Naked Mind"
Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Hey slappy…I am quite new to sober time and am finding it really helpful…it is great being able to connect with people who are going through and beating their addictions… getting support and giving support…I use this app all the time…it’s like having the support of a meeting on tap! I do smart meetings once a week which really helps…my struggle has been on and off for about 5 years…many relapses…but I am enjoying my sobriety now… keep going mate😁

@Robketts What are smart meetings? I am intrigued.

Hi slappy. Smart stands for self management and recovery training… a group meeting where people with addictions can share experiences and support for each other…a bit like aa but without the spiritual side of things… working for me

Heard about that…it’s not translated in my language but I think I’ll read it in English…

I know it’s just a book…but it looks at our relationship with alcohol unlike anything I’ve seen or read before. Extremely well written.

It was life changing for me.

Good luck and stay strong.

1 Like