90 days - and pie

90 days, y’all.

I woke up this morning at 6:08am to my two year old son saying enthusiastically, “Mama, it’s day! Time to get up!”

Yes- it’s day. It’s a beautiful, blue sky, bird singing Carolina day - and I’m 90 days sober. I have so much to be thankful for:. My children (who will hopefully never know me as a drunk), my friends, my AA community, and - so importantly - this forum. You all met me when I was a broken puddle of mess and cared about me anyway. You have been there with encouragement in my weakest moments and to celebrate every success. I am so humbled and so grateful.

So today? I’m packing those boys up for a short hike and a picnic on the Blue Ridge Parkway. My coconut cream pie awaits us.

I’m going to share this, just because I can and it"s one of my favorites. Somehow seems appropriate. With so much love and many thanks…

29 Likes

Yayyyyy!!! Congratulations love! You are always so wonderful, inspiring and loving
. You have a great outlook on life and sobriety- I’m so glad you’re here on the same journey, you’ve help me and many others countless times. Enjoy your pie, your hike and thank you for just being you! :heart:

1 Like

And on the 90th day God said let there be pie. And it was good.

6 Likes

Why wasn’t that an option on Evil Apples?

You are a rockstar Mom, @Mocatt! It takes an amazing person to be able to raise children in this crazy world, plus be successful at it!

3 Likes

@MoCatt and I may as well be sober twins. At least sober siblings.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! Heres to many more!

1 Like

Absolutely! I have little blond boys - there must be a kinship!

1 Like

So beautifully inspiring. Congrats & well done :slight_smile: enjoy the amazing day. Celebrate yourself! Cheers to :pie:

1 Like

Congratulations! I am so jealous about your day trip. I love the Blue Ridge Parkway. I will not let my husband drive though. He scares me-my anxiety can’t take it. Hug those boys!

1 Like

Congrats!

So great to see you hit this point and be there and present for your family. Looking back really puts things in perspective doesn’t it?

2 Likes

And twins. Not many of those out there. We are special.

Congrats on the 90! Here’s to another 1.

Let us love you til you love yourself is one of my favorite AA slogans. Applies here as well.

1 Like

Congrats on the 90 days! Your voice of reason and clarity always make me laugh!

I wish that I had taken this journey when my kids were as young as yours. Your kiddos are lucky to have such an amazing sober mom. :heart:

1 Like

Shut the door, @MoCatt has twins too??? I have twin dudes and hit 90 days this week as well.

1 Like

Doesn’t she? Maybe I’m confused.

Close, @Snowflake and @DungeonMaster - mine are 20 months apart😘!

2 Likes

But congrats on your 90 - and your membership in the 90 days sober parent of little boys family!

2 Likes

I will count them as twins. Close enough. People frequently as if Collin, Truman and Elliott are triplets. They’re 25 months apart.

1 Like

Eeehhh…it was aiight. :confused:

1 Like

Congratulations! What a beautiful time to be sober!!! Xxxxxx

1 Like