90 days reached on father's day

Today is 90 days completely clean and sober for me. It’s father’s day. My father passed years ago and Ibe seen my son once in the last year and a half. His mother got incredibly lucky with the courts on custody of our little guy. The pain from not having spoken or seen him in this much time makes it really hard to hold my anger and frustration in. Hoping a meeting later will help. I can’t help but wonder what my little guy is being brainwashed with about me by his mother and family.

8 Likes

Good job on the 90 days fellow sober twin. Your presence on this forum has been inspiring. I know you must be having a hard time not seeing your son. And your son must be missing you as well. Keep going! It will get better. Stay strong and congratulations!

1 Like

Many thanks guys! Went on a hike in portland but couldn’t keep my mind off everything. I’m gonna keep fighting until the end. My son needs his father just as much as his father needs his son and I’ll be damned if his mother keeps this up much longer. The emotional sobriety along with loneliness is really hard to manage but somehow I’m still here. Gotta count for something I suppose! Also congrats to you too @KevinesKay! Feels great sharing a sober date with you :slight_smile: and many many thanks @LeilaBird for the kind and supportive words! This community helps out a lot and I can’t wait to start giving back.

2 Likes