90 in 90 days

Not sure why it took me reading Russell Brands book to finally get my ass in an AA meeting, but I guess it worked. I guess it could of also been my multiple relapses over the past year as well…I guess the important part for me is I finally got the balls to walk into a local meeting this past Tuesday morning (6:30 am). I actually drove by a couple times recently and chickened out. I just kept praying for wisdom and power to do it and I am sooo glad I did! Lots of old timers there with 30 plus years and beyond with lots of support. It did feel like everyone was staring at me that first meeting but i didn’t give a shit. The only qualification neede is being a drunkard and after 40 years of that i am definitely OVER qualified. Can’t wait to attend again tomorrow morning, its like you get different perspective s and new support every day and you never know what is going to happen. Thanks for listening i am done for now but i want to do 90 in 90, anyone done that?

18 Likes

I did 90 in 90. I didn’t drink so it can’t be a bad thing lol.

6 Likes

I did 410 in 365 . I go to 5 to 6 meetings a week still and I am coming up on 2 years. Meeting makers make it

10 Likes

fantastic to hear, keep us updated with how they go! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think also a lot of you guys and gals on ST also influenced my decision as well…i read lots of posts but dont post much myself soooo thanks everyone!!!

4 Likes

Which book of his would you recommend to someone who’s not read any of his material?

Its called “Recovery” Freedom from our Addictions.

1 Like

Glad you went to AA, it’s been a game changer for me. Tried to quit drinking on my own many many (manyyyyy :rofl:) times over my 28 year drinking career. The support of AA, working the program, and plugging into a sober network of friends has changed my life.

3 Likes

Congrats on the meeting!! Sounds like an amazing thing you’ve got working for you.

2 Likes

Glad you took the leap! Not an AA person myself, but I appreciate and support people getting sober whatever way works for them. Great job!!

1 Like

I did more than 90 in 90 as it gave me a GREAT foundation. Keep coming back!!!

1 Like

Glad you went to a meeting im one of those old timers and i havnt read a Brand book lol only the big book wish you well

1 Like

I have! Well, I ended up with 87 in 90 but my sponsor told me to accept it because one of my character defects is perfectionism. I kept going to 25+ meetings a month for the year and a half I was unemployed/unemployable and it did me a world of good. I do AA primarily, NA regularly, and Al-Anon as needed. Go for it if you are feeling it!!!

6 Likes

I did 90 in 90 and am coming up on a year sober.
What it did for me was 2-fold… Exposed me to a lot of other alcoholics and it set a firm foundation for my year

1 Like