95 days...back to day 1

I dont know why. I know I’m not supposed to drink and yet…that bottle of alcohol is just so inviting. Im fucking distressed and mad at myself. My AA meetings obviously didnt sink in 100%, but i used my phone list and now a potential new sponser is on her way to pick me up to talk and then go to a meeting.

11 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up too much. Analyze why you relapsed and take steps to not repeat that mistake. It sounds like you’re owning it and trying to move forward, so good for you!

4 Likes

Onwards and upwards. More meetings, use that call list every day, and be open minded.

If you don’t get used to calling people when things are good, you won’t pick up the phone when the shit hits the fan - ie when you want to picking up a bottle. So call people often, even if it’s just to talk about their day.

4 Likes

So call people often, even if it’s just to talk about their day

Maybe especially if it’s just to talk about their day. It’s a practice of love and service to encourage someone to share their world without me needing to add my advice or two bits!

7 Likes

Dude, you are woke.

1 Like

I am back on the forum today (tonight) after going on a alcohol binge for several months. I was 24 days sober and relapsed. I have been drinking heavily ever since. I think that all we can do is to keep trying to better ourselves and stay sober. I feel your pain!

Did you use the list before you drank?

Going to meetings is helpful, getting involved in their activities is even more helpful, committing to do volunteer work is more helpful still.

Studies have shown that doing things for others with no monetary recompense does great things for ones self esteem and general sense of well being. The more you can get into others, the more you can get out of yourself.

An alcoholic/addict alone in their had is like being in a bad neighborhood all by youself.

3 Likes

I m sorry for U.but Do Not forget.is a Hard way .so try to resta. U ll be stronger🤗