A common flaw in recovery

Okay I know I tread on a thin line in this area of my recovery! And maybe my openness about my life is creating confusion. So I am open to suggestions if my openness about starting to date again is to much for this community I’m sorry. I have tried to be patient and honest enough with myself and the other person that I will not intentionally hurt them or myself. But yeah I worry about it a lot. I’m not trying to find my next wife anytime soon so maybe I should reevaluate. I’m not going to pretend I have not made a mistake in the beginning of my sobriety because I did I make a mistake with a lady that was about exactly the same number of days as me. We had a meal and then we let it get out of control. I have no regrets about the FWB aspect of it (although I know I’m not that guy I don’t want to share). My regret was I could of jeopardized their sobriety with a casual hookup. So since that moment I made a decision I would not see anyone in the rooms with me. And those that know my story know that we have a rehab facility for all females in rural America. And I see that addicts look for someone to be with, we all desire affection. I have been asked 3 times by women just freshly out of rehab and I can tell you I’m not going to hurt someone that way. My mistake was started the first night I entered the door to my home group. So I got a fast lesson on the why! I’m not sure why I feel the need to explain this but I am concerned my openness is creating confusion. So for that I’m sorry if my actions are harming newly sober members here.

1 Like

I appreciate your openness and welcome it, personally. I think that a key to being sober is to be open and honest. Sobriety is extremely complex and without being able to comfortably share information that is pertinent to sobriety, I don’t see how anyone can move successfully forward in their journey. That’s just my perspective on it, but having this forum has allowed me to be open and express concerns regarding various aspects of my life that are impacted by my decision to become sober. So, I think it’s a wonderful thing.

3 Likes

@Toni. Here I try to explain one of my mistakes early on. And I hope it gives perspective on my ramblings

I feel in order to maintain sobriety, you have to be open and honest with not just yourself, others as well and of they don’t get it you don’t need them in your life. I for one think you are one of the most honest people on here. :rofl:

1 Like