A down day

Hey all. I celebrated New Years at home with my husband. Didn’t think about drinking. Didn’t feel like I was missing anything. Enjoyed just a quiet night.
Woke up early t his morning and I don’t even know how to describe my mood. I feel mentally exhausted. I don’t want to even move. I don’t want to talk
Today I’m taking a me day and I feel like that’s ok

13 Likes

A good day to rest then. Early sobriety is definitely draining for our body mind and spirit. Be gentle with yourself and help your body heal with the rest you need. :heart:

5 Likes

I am a massive believer in self care and self love. Listen to your body and rest. Take a nice bath, drink plenty of water and maybe open a good book or just do a nice face mask. Early on in my sobriety I had lots and lots of down time. If I was tired I napped! At the minute I just want quiet. My hubby can’t understand it as he constantly wants the bloody telly on or the radio… I go upstairs shut the bedroom door and just lay in the quiet with a brew and some biscuits and you guys. Just do what you want to do, I promise that this is something that will strengthen your sobriety. Enjoy your chill time! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

@Blondie1x @SoberGuyUSA @SassyRocks
Thanks guys, I spent half the day in bed. Got up and got dressed and we went out for supper. This morning I woke up and feel great. I’m going to listen to my body and mind. Chris, what you said about the difference in not drinking and actual sobriety clicked and I understand that difference. This is why I love this app :heart:

2 Likes

I am glad you are feeling better :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like