A Friend OD and Relationship Stress

So. I’ve been MIA for the past week or so…I’ve been dealing with a lot of relationship stress, being in a sort of breakup, no broken up limbo situation with my boyfriend. I’ve been on a emotional rollercoaster the past week and trying to work through it. I’ve started to pick up smoking again because of the stress and trying to stay sober plus it doesn’t help everyone I work with smokes.

On top of my own personal emotional chaos, a friend of mine relapsed and overdosed a few days ago on heroin after close to a year or so. If it wasn’t for the fact that the ambulance showed up in under 10 minutes, he would have died. I was just thinking of him the other day of how well he was doing, how happy he was, and how much better he would say he felt, better than anything. He’s in rehab now and hopefully will be ok.

I feel nauseous and so upset over this. But on the other hand, it’s making me feel even stronger to stay sober. I feel so good and I want to stay that way.

7 Likes

It’s a blessing your friend survived and is getting help. A lot of us don’t get that second chance. Have you considered getting Narcan trained? You never know when you might be in the position to save someone’s life.

2 Likes

I haven’t really looked into it before but I might. People have mentioned it. Have you had any experience with it?

I’m trained in both nasal and IM administration and I am getting recertified soon through my new job. Personally I’ve never been hit with Narcan but I know it works (my OD I was alone and God saved me). I support harm reduction bc it keeps people alive long enough to get them ready to get help. You can’t treat someone if they are dead sadly.

3 Likes

Thankfully, the paramedics gave him Narcan and rushed him to the hospital in time to save him. Addiction just fucking sucks…I hate this…

It’s the worst and shit ain’t getting better out there. That crazy shit they are bringing over from China is no joke. We had 15 Spike overdoses in Syracuse last night.

Edit: I just checked online, 50 ods since Saturday on synthetic pot…

That’s terrifying. You don’t know what kind of shit your shooting up with nowadays. It’s so scary.

1 Like

That’s the other thing! People think synthetic pot is ok. But you don’t know what people are putting in that stuff either. You don’t know anything about anything when it comes to that, just best to stay the hell away.

1 Like

This shit is out of control.

I can relate to this. The first two months of my sobriety me and my ex we’re on this sort of on and off, broken up, still talking, not talking, talking limbo. It is definitely tough. Sometimes overwhelming. It wasn’t until I made a choice to concious stop putting excessive amounts of energy into it that things felt ok. While at the present moment her and I aren’t speaking, I put my faith in the universe that I will find myself where I need to be.
That being said, I am sending you vibes of paitence and strength. Just take it one moment,breath,hour,day at a time.

1 Like

Yeah heroin is big over here on the eastern shore none of it is dope. Ive had friends go to rehab and piss dirty for fetynal ,morphine everything other the dope. Even with the narcan shot he probably got respitory infection like broncitis. Your lungs start to fill with fluid when u od.

I’ve lost a few acquaintances in the last few years to heroin. He’s lucky. Hopefully he takes this opportunity to find a sober path.

2 Likes

We have a spice problem in UK as well :frowning_face: Especially in prisons.