A journey begins

Well, I’ve made it past the first day. Yesterday had some mild rough patches and the mind was jumping at taking a drink once “that time” came around, but I stayed on course and breathed through it.
A bit groggy this morning but clearer than I’d feel had I even had a single drink yesterday. Seeing a safe and sober friend tonight and I’m looking forward to the community.

It’s a long journey ahead, but head is high and I’m ready for what is to come.

7 Likes

The journey would be better if you tried a meeting they make the journey easier im the proof of that wish you well

I have a group that I enjoy attending from time to time. I discovered it the last time I attempted sobriety and found it very helpful.

1 Like

Good for you @Yogachips! Stay the course and be easy on yourself…you’re in a fragile place :grimacing: I found self care in the beginning was very important-watching my body change, my face lose the water weight, my skin clear up, my nails not falling apart really helped me stay on the straight and narrow. I began to feel less sick everyday (my best friend and drug of choice left me with cirrhosis :+1:t3:) and normal again. Do what makes you feel good and remember it gets easier!

Welcome on your sober path, stick around!