A little bit of what I'm dealing with

Ive been 10 days sober from alcohol. Not only because I have to because of probation but because I need to do it for my own health… I didn’t think it would be this hard… I was always the person that said I could put down a drink easy and never pick it up again… that’s not true… it’s taunting me everywhere i look. Everyone that talks to me asking to go drink with them… I’m struggling… I made it past the physicalness… But idk how to do this… I’m doing my best… I just feel alone… 10 days is 10 days I’m very proud of myself…

4 Likes

I hope you can make it to an AA meeting. Best door I ever opened. My sponsor says you only have to change one thing; that’s everything! You can do this and I wish you well.

4 Likes

Welcome, stick around there are loads of threads you can search for help and I’m sure many will post on this thread. First I would stay away from people you used to drink with, search around for what to put in your sobriety toolbox, get rid of any alcohol in your house. It’s good that you want to do this for yourself as that’s often the only reason you can make this work. Be prepared to throw everything at it which may also be attending AA or smart recovery or both. Ten days is a great start and an achievement. They’re are many wise recovering alcoholic on here, of your willing and ready to listen to them you have a good chance of success. We are all in this together :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome Mercedes, you’re not alone. Just reach out. we’re all here to help.

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting they will help you

1 Like

I’m Remington and I’m addicted to methamphetamine. I have been sober going on 11 days now. I downloaded this app hoping that its going to help me. Ive been slowly reading through so many people’s stories and some are just amazing! One day I hope to be up to being 3 months or even 3 weeks clean. Its hard a lot harder than I thought it would be. What makes it worse for me is that I moved and dont know anyone so I don’t exactly have anyone at all to talk to about my addiction or to help me work thorugh it. So I’m hoping that someone on this app knows the same addiction as me and hopefully would be willing to help work through struggle together

Welcome! Are you working the 12 steps? Try reading The AA Big Book. You can read it for free on the AA.org website. Lots of good reading here too. You really need a sponsor to help you get through the rough spots. I’m day 4 sober and I’m happier than I’ve been in a long time. I’ve been told it’s because I’m doing this right. Hang in there!