A message from my higher power

Normally when i wake up in the morning my alcoholism is the loudest thing iny head. It is already plotting and scheming for ways and excuses that will get me drunk that day. I never even tried to fight it until recently when i walked into my first AA meeting. Since then i have been doing my best to work the program, call my sponsor and pray for sobriety every day. But even with those things that voice of my alcoholism was still loud and clear every single morning. Then just two nights ago i had an extremely vivid dream. In my dream i was just going through the average every day flows of life that would usually involve me drinking or buying alcohol. Instead i was doing active things to avoid drinking. I was avoiding my most tempting spots but it was like i was being shown what routes to take and what to do exactly. Then the next day when i woke up that voice wasn’t there. I got up cooked breakfast and called my sponsor and told him about my dream. We both agreed that it was a communication of sorts from God showing how to live without drink. It wasn’t until that night when i made it to a meeting and before i went in i was speaking to my sponsor, and it dawned on me that for the first time since I’ve been 16 i had went a whole day without even thinking of a drink. It was a very surreal moment. So if you want this thing bad enough and your higher power will take this obsession from you. I’m still an alcoholic and by no means am i cured. But i know that i have God to lean on and a great group in the AA community who will help support me.

3 Likes