A million excuses

This is definitely something I’d like to get past. I prefer veteran of sobriety.

1 Like

The cycle is a hard one to break, I stayed in it for years. It’s hard to remember why you stopped drinking when you don’t have the physical reminders.

Say no to drink #1. I took away my permission to drink, and it was shaky for those first couple weeks and months… it had to consciously be said when offered a drink, no thanks. After a while it became automatic, I didn’t have to think about it because it just was what it was.

I had to stop putting myself into positions to fail, like hanging with the homies, because what did we do? We drank.

My life had to change pretty much top to bottom, it revolved around drinking. Everything I did included drinks. I started doing things I didn’t do, like hitting meetings, going on walks, staying in, developing tedious hobbies that required time and planning, getting a therapist and making time for that weekly, ditching what I had for social media and using basically only this app, getting on my knees and praying to anything every morning for the strength to get through and then getting on my knees at night and saying a gratitude prayer that I made it.

A million excuses to drink, not a single reason too when you can’t control it.

You can get sober if I can, if Scott and Jason and Derek and Tim and Liz and Aerial and Mandi and Stevie all these other people can. We are proof, you can be proof too.

Get after it fella, it’s right there in front of you waiting for you.

3 Likes