"A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey Book Club Discussion

I really want to read that one.

Drinking, a love story by Caroline Knapp

1 Like

But you know it’s fake right?

Yep. Not nonfiction.

I’m listening to that now. I read his earlier books and it seems perfect that this time he is talking about helping the reader.

Don’t get me wrong I liked it a lot but when it came out he lied I was like dude.

3 Likes

Sorry to pop in, I didn’t read the book, just getting the feel for it but this just slapped me in the face, I just hung a mirror up in my bathroom I took down over 4 years ago. I hated looking at myself

2 Likes

Possible future book? “Between Breaths” by Elizabeth Vargas. I’ve heard really good things about it.

2 Likes

I’m gonna take the book recommendations and pull one out of the hat. I’ll post result tomorrow. Vargas was in rehab with my brother, at one point. Didn’t work out so well for him though.

3 Likes

@Lionfish @beyondmythoughts @Psalm62 @rubyslippers @Tigerr @Stephy

Did you finish the book?

Holy cow! That’s crazy.

1 Like

“The Diet Cure” by Julia Ross. Recommendation was on Hip Sobriety blog. Book is apparently about how nutrition impacts recovery.

I’ll pull next month’s book choice from a hat later today, and post selection today.

2 Likes

I did! I thought it was a good read. I read The Smoking Gun article afterwards and while it is disappointing that he felt he had to embellish the truth so much, I kind of get it bc I don’t think the book would have been as successful.

1 Like

The book for October is “Blackout: Remembering The Things I Drank To Forget” by Sarah Hepola.

Discussion will be on Wednesday, October 31st. I’ll post some discussion questions by 9am that morning to get things going. :nerd_face:

1 Like