A new beginning and a new life

Hi everybody! I’ve been reading this forum for a few months and I’ve finally decided to stop drinking. This is my day 1. Yesterday I went to a party with friends and drank 7 beers even if I had planned to have just a couple of drinks. This made me realise that I have no control once I start, so I’ve decided to stop. It will be hard but reading all your stories is giving me strength!!! Have a great sober weekend!

12 Likes

Hi rain :slight_smile:

Glad to see you Rain,hope you will like this place. You have a great day too. Congrats on day one.

Thanks! Day 1 has been easy. Lots of water, a good meal and rest. And things will be easy until Friday, when I have to go to a dinner with my ex colleagues. All I need to do is order a coke or water or a mocktail before my brain starts thinking. Anyway, one day at a time :wink:

Going out with colleagues/friends can definitely be hard when trying to be sober. I just came off a trip with a bunch and luckily was able to do it. Over 70 days in now. The best part was, I was able to be just as vulgar and funny without having to use, and had just as good as time as ever. Without the hangover when I woke up!! Welcome and best of luck to you!

1 Like

Luckily these girls I’m going out with don’t drink or just have one glass of wine. They only know the “professional” part of me and I’ve never felt at ease having more than one drink in front of them. This time it will be no alcohol at all, but they won’t be surprised. It should be quite a safe environment, but I’ll be on my guard anyway!

Day 2. I’ve bought vitamin B supplements and I’m taking it easy today. Some work and then I’ll start cooking something healthy. Trying to take care of myself! Hope everyone is having a nice Monday!

2 Likes