A new day one?

So I think my partner… or ex partner justemontionally left me “take a break”

We just had an in depth conversation last night and he said atm he doesn’t see a future with me he said I deserve better and he doesn’t trust me. I told him I understood and respect his decision. Thant I wasn’t mad at him.
And that he is right about the trust, because I don’t really trust him as in I don’t think he would change if he was back here
He said he was worried about telling me because he thought it would hinder my recovery. but in reality even though he officially said it today I’ve come to the conclusion that they left this relationship weeks ago.

… I had such a certain outlook on what I thought was happening in the realtionship and they caught me off guard with this termination.i was in denial because I wanted to move past all the chaos I’ve created but I’ve done too much and hurt them to badly. I don’t know how to feel or cope I’ve used liquor and my ex as my emontional crutch I don’t know what to do now with both gone from my life.
My ex is taking our daughter for the weekend and I will be alone… My best friend is an alcoholic hardcore and I live in a province far away from my support network. I do face time them as much as I can but it’s not always the same.

I feel lost

1 Like

Spend the weekend on here. You will find people willing to chat either on the forum or privately.
It’s gonna sting for a bit. But better to face it sober now than to drown it out!
Stay safe.

4 Likes

Don’t restart yourself…
You’ve been struck by something emotional and your seeking out the old coping strategies. Take a moment and think is it worth that drink?
The pain and the building yourself up is still there after the drinking episode. Build yourself up sober you know you can do it.

3 Likes

Please do not return to day one.
You will feel so empowered if you get through this weekend without a drink and you Know this . You are stronger than you believe . You aren’t responsible for your ex’s thoughts ,feelings and actions .
I was dumped 3 weeks ago. Hit me hard- it sent me to the rock bottom hole and then it became clear that I had to make a choice ; make unwise alcohol fueled decisions or clear my head and act with a claim mind . I chose life and clarity .
I’m only on day 12 but I’ve stayed focused because of people like all those on here .
Keep writing on here . Everyone will support you- i can see this .
You do not need to go back to day 1
X

1 Like

I echo what Geo said. Spend the day here, there is ALWAYS someone here to listen and willing to respond no matter the time of day because people are all over the world and that is a great thing. We ALL have had to overcome obstacles to get to where we want to be. It isn’t easy at times but it IS possible. Deal with your ex when you have to and for your kid. Keep it civil and cordial but focus on YOU and your recovery. Pick up old hobbies or learn new ones. We ALL got your back and you CAN do this! I wish you continued luck on your journey.

To everyone that replied thank you for your support but I do not mean I’m going to drink tonight I meant a day one of a new life that I wasn’t expecting to be living… alone and single with a toddler.

I should have chosen a better title because everyone just basically read that and thought my new day one is because I needed a drink and it’s not…

3 Likes