A new quit

I am going to try this quit one more time. Artificial energy drinks: Red Bull, Monster, jolt, ect… I was back to drinking 1 or 2 of them a day and i can deff feel the toll on my heart and mind. Today is day 3

What other quits (besides drugs and alcohol) have people stuck to this year so far?

7 Likes

I quit drinking Pepsi!!! Managed to lose 10lbs already!! So win-win for me lol

4 Likes

Dude! I’m doing the same. Tomorrow is day 2 for me (I’m just about to go to sleep). I mixed energy drink and vodka before. When I quit drinking I also quit the energy drinks. But in the last few months I have been drinking them again. 2 a day.

So I will join ya on the no energy drink train :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I lost a bunch of weight too by quitting energy drinks. I joke and say it was a “side effect” of me quitting drinking. But since they have crept back into my life that scale has tipped up a little again. :frowning:

Great job on kicking that Pepsi:)

2 Likes

I am trying to quit bloody diety coke but can’t! !!!

1 Like

Good luck Steve. I had an addiction to tbe energy drinks and quit about 4 years ago. I went cold turkey. It wasnt too bad to give up i just swapped it for lemon water. It’s a good drink to alkaline your body. Helps your liver out with helping to clean up.

1 Like

I love club soda with lemon in place of booze. It gives that bubbly with no sugar or calories. :+1:t2::grin:

1 Like

I’m a one a day red bull girl- sometimes two. I’m on day one of quitting alcohol though so don’t feel strong enough to do both! One day

3 Likes

My friend ended up oin the ER a couple years back- his heart rythym got all jacked from energy drinks! This year I gave up FAST FOOD. This Alkie body needs real food to recuperate!!!

1 Like

cigarettes. 2 weeks smoke free. Also trying (TRYING) to cut down on my sugar intake…easier said than done. Oh yeah also stealing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

awesome job on the cigarettes! i have quit them since the weekend after thanksgiving i believe. I feel like quitting energy drinks is even harder than smoking for me personally. One, because you can drink them anywhere, and two They give me that rush that i’m always craving… but im back on the hot tea with sugar and cream train. lol

oh bla. Not as good but…much better for you. Cigs were pretty hard for me. Esp when drinking my morning coffee…but then I never really drank energy drinks without vodka in them…

Tbh, I only really smoked when i started to feel buzzed and after trying to smoke after I quit drinking was putting those memories back in my head. If that makes sense lol But i did get addicted to them a bit and i still crave them once in a while.

Yes makes perfect sense. Def a good idea to quit then. I smoked most in my heaviest drinking/using days so was triggering for me as well. And why I wanted to quit so soon after quitting the bottle. Though advised to wait 6 months to a year, I just knew I had to quit when i did. Its been loads better

1 Like

Coffee!!! :coffee:

1 Like

Everyone will say to wait a while before making any big decisions but you have to do whatever you feel is right. You are sober and clear headed and should be able to quit whatever you want! Just make sure that if you do end up smoking again, that it’s okay, it’s nothing to drink or use over. I think that’s why therapists and counselors suggest that. (Atleast that’s what I have learned over my drug counseling schooling haha)

Haha yeah. I had to promise my sponsor that I would smoke a whole pack before picking up a drink. I think they also don’t want you to have added irritability or stress of quitting everything at once. But that’s kinda how I work. All or nothing.

You are working a great program then! It’s awesome that you have a good relationship w your sponsor. Wish more people would just throw in the towel and give aa/na a fair shot. It truly has saved my life. And yours too it seems. One month is amazing, and your only going forward from here. Maybe invest in a vape if you are into that. I have one and use it with the lowest amount of nicotine possible when I want to get a pack

nah. At this point I honestly don’t even feel like I need it. I rarely ever get cravings anymore and they’re usually pretty easy to resist and move on. but if a situation arises that I need to I shall consider it. Tried my brother’s once and thought I was gonna spit up a lung! Coughed more than when I smoked my first cig!

1 Like

ain’t nobody got time for that!

1 Like