A realization from vaping

Ive been a trombonist for 7-8 years. I stopped playing for 8-10 months and went to smoking everyday. I’ve already stopped smoking cigarettes in august 2022 but I could never get over the step of putting the stupid vape in the trash. Today I finally did, with no hesitation, no thought of it, I just took action. It feels good. My own problem, is I dissociate more and it’s hard to get things done, plus I have big freak outs because I already deal with anxiety and ptsd. There’s no more time to wait, I am performing soon in New York, I need my lungs back in shape, for myself, my section, my leaders and for my future. Life hasn’t treated me so well, so why not treat myself good for once? It’s going to suck for the first week but better to do it now than never

11 Likes

Nice work making a great choice for yourself! I can tell you from experience that quitting nicotine is not easy no matter how you used it or what you paired it with, but stick with it and breathe through the tough moments and you’ll find yourself breathing easier and feeling better very soon. Congrats on taking the first step! :clap: :partying_face: and don’t forget to keep coming back here or reaching out to your support system when you feel the need.

2 Likes

Excellent work @Selenasim ! Congrats and keep going! You might want to have a look at this thread. Many stories and tips concerning quitting nicotine based products there. Wishing you all success and welcome to the forum :smiley:

1 Like