A selfharmer says Hi

This is my first interaction in this community and, first of all I wish y’all the best. Second I just wanna discharge my numbness here. I have been struggling with BPD, anorexia and self harm since 12 (rn I’m 20). Selfharm something it was tolerable and some times worse but at least I could live with that. Thank for DBT in some point I was 8 months clean… but I relapsed like 5 month ago and I can’t be able to stop since then, this is so hard. I swear that I’m trying my best but every day I relapse again and again more than one time a day. I have no one to talk about it, most of the time they say “stop doing it, you are brave” and thing like that, that doesn’t make any difference. I feel like I’m falling faster and faster in the addiction, feels like a void. With writing this I just wanted to see if I am not alone, and if it is that way, I wish we all can support each other.

7 Likes

You’re definately not. Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome. U are not alone :purple_heart:. I was never addicted to self-harm, but did it as a way of relieving self-hate. I also have experienced disordered eating, purging when I was ur age, and just binging by itself now. When did u do the dbt? Can u refresh urself of the techniques if they helped before? Sending strength.

1 Like

Hi! Welcome to this amazing community! My history is with drug use but had experienced self harm long ago. I was diagnosed with BPD and PTSD quite some time ago also. I can relate to that ongoing daily struggle with instability in emotion and the thoughts that come up with BPD. I wanted to comment to let you know that you aren’t alone. There are many others on here who have worked thru self harm and many other addictions one day at a time. There are others like myself who have been diagnosed with BPD amongst other mental health illnesses. It is possible to be free and to live an amazing life free of substances, self harm and other addictions :slight_smile: keep posting and stay connected!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. This is not something I struggle with, but you are definitely not alone. I hope this will become a place you feel comfortable coming back to for support and understanding.

1 Like

Are you able to get to an AA or NA meeting?
If so it is good to be able to have one on one contact like it was in the beginning 1935.
Getting a sponsor, call that sponsor, pray, work the steps with a sponsor.

1 Like

I am not in substance abuse, I had meetings in DBT tho

Thanks❤️ I did dbt between 2020 and 2021. I remember all of the skills but in this moment the urges are so intense that I simply can’t do them or even can’t have the will to do them.

I self harm too.i get you.Im getting much better since I stopped using.Let no one shame you our scars tell a story of pain,each one tells a story.I write my story on paper now.Continue to talk about it you are not alone.Keep striving and no matter what?Never give up!I’m living with mental illness too.Poetry saved my life.Love you little sister

2 Likes

I will keep your words in my heart, thanks you and stay strong!

2 Likes

You too love I’m rooting for you :heart:

1 Like