A suicide story

It started a whole year ago when I fell into the addiction trap, I cannot count the things I lost during this year but all I know is that my life was much better before I knew this way and that I would stop walking.

2 Likes

Yes. I was there 251 days ago aymanmohammed.There is a way out and it’s not suicide, even though our addicted brain can make us believe it is. It’s a lie. Suicide is not the answer. We can build a new life on the ruins of our old one. We can have good things in our life again. We all can. And on here we all had a day one. Welcome to this forum and welcome to day one.

5 Likes

Yep, know the feeling.
Tried suïcide once, obviously failed and woke up as shitty as before.

This time tried sobriety to escape that life I didn’t want anymore. Works better :+1:

7 Likes

Stay strong, make life worthy, love yourself, focus on the loved ones. Suicide only causes pain to those who love us. I m sober three months now, I feel depressed, but I know I have to fight for me, my loved ones and for the miracle of life that I once was given. Stay strong, stay focused

5 Likes

I feel you :weary:
Been there as well. When I woke up in hospital after a suicide attempt I was sad and happy at the same time.
I was so desperate and trapped in my own beliefs that I would never be able to live a normal, healthy life.
But let me tell you, recovery brings back your positive emotions. All the joy that your addiction wiped away is eventually coming back and you realize that recovery is so so SO much better than suicide, even if its tough.
I believe in you, stay strong and safe :kissing_heart::cherry_blossom::butterfly:

10 Likes

What you’ve wrote here has been true for me as well. It really is incredible what can be found in recovery. I didn’t believe this kind of peace and happiness would ever be possible for me until I experienced it for myself.

3 Likes

The ‘problem’ about this is that when I was stuck in this terrible cycle of selfhate, addiction, guilt and shame I wouldn’t believe anyone telling me this.
I had to experience it myself and I had to feel the emotions of what recovery can give me (back), just like you mentioned it!

3 Likes

Stay strong mate. Addiction and suicide are often paired together. Focus on staying clean and healthy. Your thoughts/brain will adjust over time. Keep reaching out here on the app. Much love.

5 Likes

Thank you all, it has been a day and eight hours since I stopped addiction, in fact I calculate it by hours, this may be a good thing for what I was, but all I feel is fear, I am afraid all the time from returning to addiction and returning To regret and despise myself, from the frequent return to addiction after stopping, I now feel that I am in a nightmare that will not end, I have longed for my life before knowing this nightmare.

2 Likes

Take it easy, breathe slowly and calmly, focusing on my breathing got me through the first few days,.x

1 Like