AA Closed Discussion meeting?

What does it mean when the meeting is a closed discussion?

Thanks!

This is a closed meeting of alcoholics anonymous. You are welcome to attend if you think you have a problem with alcohol. In support of AA’s singleness of purpose we ask that you limit your sharing to your problems as they relate to alcoholism.

From the AA blue card. I feel like I’m missing something though

1 Like

It must vary then, bc we don’t have that part. And ours is on an actual blue card lol

1 Like

I can’t wait to travel somewhere so I can go to different meetings. Funny how that’s the part of vacation I get excited for now…

2 Likes

Haven’t heard that term here. We also generally read the 12th tradition at most of my meetings here. Don’t remember sat morning though. Not enough coffee in me to remember what happens that early.

Edit to clarify the 12th tradition.

3 Likes

I’ll snap a picture of my secretary format when I get home. It’s not blue. Lol

Interesting…

We read the Traditions at the first meeting of the month out here in San Diego

Otherwise we usually read a portion of chapter 3 More about Alcoholism and a portion of chapter 5 “how it works”

We read the preamble, steps and traditions at pretty much every meeting here (except for one group) and usually the daily reflection. Sometimes the promises and responsibility statement.

We typically open with the preamble, and then either how it works or acceptance. The 12th tradition is read at the 7th tradition break before the show of hands.

Show of hands? Now I’m lost

Ohh, yeah we do that at one meeting. I love that part

Here that is how they refer to who wants to share after the speaker or lead. By raising their hand.

Does anyone have qualifier meetings where the order of sharing is based on clean time?

Cagematch to the death type of standoff?

As a newcomer I would actually like to have a meeting like that, but I realize I’m kinda odd in that thinking. And it definitely shouldn’t be every meeting. Just like one meeting out of hundreds a week.

1 Like

Our beginner meeting is tiered sharing beginning with 30 days or under.

1 Like

Here’s the Leader format I was telling you about

1 Like

Lol. The bottom pick is the front of the page. Top pick is the back