AA meetings/non religious

Ha! Yes, it was comical when my AA group found out I was Pagan. But mine is one of those where god doesn’t come into our talks. They are out there

1 Like

I don’t preach my religion to anyone. It clearly states in the steps/traditions a higher power of your understanding. I’m do however believe if you truly think you are the most important or powerful deity I don’t know how you get out of your own way. It’s like this if you are stronger than your addiction you could and would be able to just not use/drink right so believing in something more than you can help. Just my opinion. You are more than entitled to yours. I just don’t like the attack of someone offering genuine advice.

1 Like

Thanks for this and I agree often times us atheists are expected to deal with all forms of religion and belief around us constantly and in everything yet when we state we are not represented properly or at all or not even considered then we are being too sensitive.

I agree, it is hard for me to be around all the constant chatter of higher power

Thank you! I will def look into these. I have been scared of venturing to meetings because of the higher power talk. I just prefer not to have to tune it out. Plus I like that you have women’s based material too. It has been super helpful already to not be so alone in this journey. I’m so grateful to have found this outlet and people like yourself who take the time to share

1 Like