AA what a life changer

Keep going. Keep putting your ass in the seat and your head will follow.

I never atttended my second meeting and it took 7 years of losing everything Ive ever loved and nearly dying to get back.

My life today, is 95% down to AA. It honestly does work miracles. I dont believe in God, but I believe in the power of 20+ fellow alcoholics coming together in a room and keeping each other sober 24 hours at a time.

The friends I’ve made and what I’ve been shown in AA, money cant buy. I’m not just sober. I’m living an amazingly happy sober life after alcohol.

10 Likes

Fantastic that you’ve found something that works for you, Iooking forward to seeing your days growing :blush:

1 Like

That’s definitely how I started. It’s not about the number of bottles. It’s about how much power it had over you.

1 Like

Congratulations.

I’ve only gone to one meeting. It took me 2 years to go and I was scared out of my mind. But already I feel like I’m looking forward to the next one. I’m excited to see what AA has to offer. But I’m committed to give it a good honest go.

7 Likes

@Yoda-Stevie that’s super cool, I like that!! Thank you so much for sharing

1 Like

It completely changed my life. Glad you are with us, keep going :grinning:

1 Like

Yep and amen.

2 Likes

@Cobaltchris thank you so much…I’m enjoying this group and I expand by going to nearby towns as well

1 Like

@nick_1985 thank you for sharing, that’s inspiring. And I agree with everything you said. I love the people I have met because they can relate to me and most generally what they have been through is worst than me
But yes I as well hit rock bottom after losing both of parents, getting divorced and then losing my kids that’s when I knew there was nothing left but me and you can’t truly get help until you really want it for yourself

Thank you @Shell and I look forward to sharing

@SarahJ and clearly it had more power than I ever had imagined

1 Like

@VSue I was scared too to go to my first meeting but after the first I was so empowered after I left that meeting I so look forward to the next and the next. Keep going and stay strong

@NewPerspective awe thank you , it has been a game changer that’s for sure

1 Like

That’s awesome :grinning: listening to others it’s a lesson for me to . Through it all it gives me strenght, hope ,even love . And of course to share and be usefull to others too. Keep comming back , it does work if willingness to make a change is there. And it is for sure. Wish u and others here a Great day :+1::pray:

2 Likes

Awesome stuff, the more I go to AA the more I benefit from it and I really feel a part of the fellowship

4 Likes

Totally agree @Cobaltchris…thank you

1 Like

It really is …and I always try to take something positive away from each meeting.

2 Likes

You’ve got this. Just following the suggestions the AA group gives and stay on here you’ll be fine. Just one day at a time. That’s all we have over day this day. Deal with tomorrow when it comes. You’ve got this.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement

1 Like

Loving life…24 days sober and my kids are here with me for a few days. Finally getting through some meetings without so emotional.

5 Likes