About Talking Sober

Hello, everyone!

So, as you may have noticed, Talking Sober is a discussion forum about sobriety.

That’s great, but what is it about? Why did I start it and what’s the point of it all? Talking Sober is all about sobriety. This is the place where you can talk about anything and everything related to your (or maybe someone you know’s) journey to sobriety. The idea is that you can openly and honestly discuss whatever you want to. I encourage anyone to come forward, tell your story and benefit from group knowledge. There are other discussion boards about sobriety out there. I want this one to be special. This discussion board runs on the community around it. You have the power to praise worthy posts or discourage negative ones.

Here are the primary goals I want to achieve with Talking Sober:

1. Create a safe and valuable community for a person seeking sobriety
  2. Create a community by bringing people from all walks of life together
  3. Give members the power to moderate their own community
  4. Promote knowledge sharing
  5. Help those new to sobriety

As time goes by, these goals will be updated with grander targets.

So, why did I start Talking Sober? Alcohol abuse has affected my life since I was a child. It’s really horrible and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I’ve been actively trying to help the sober community since 2014. I started working on Sober Time. It was one of my first apps, and I’ll admit it didn’t look too great when it launched in November that year. Even though it wasn’t the best-looking app, it still had some decent features. I was surprised when it started picking up and helping people. The positive feedback I got was amazing. It felt so good to be able to make a real difference. Since then I have spent countless hours on the app. I’ve made it look great (in my opinion) and I have added so many features.

Every day thousands of people around the world use it, but there are limitations. I felt that everyone is using it in isolation. I thought about all of these thousands of people. I’ve interacted with many of them and they are genuinely great people. I got thinking about the huge positive impact it could have one these peoples’ lives if they could get in touch with each other and just talk. That’s how I got the idea for a community.

I’ve been playing around with the idea for a while now. I’ve gotten around to building the site and setting it up for you. It’s currently running out of my own pocket, but that’s okay. I hope it can help someone out there.

There’s really so much to do! I’m just getting this started, but I would love for a true community to form here.

Robin

7 Likes

Thank you Robin :blush:
I love this app and your mission that goes with it.

2 Likes

@Robin Thank you so much! My first time trying an app like this! It’s really helping me & encouraging me along other things I’m doing on the side to stay sober! God bless your heart for making a difference in the world! :smiley::heart_decoration::revolving_hearts::gift_heart::point_up::point_up::point_up::clap::clap::clap::v::v::+1::+1:

2 Likes

@Soberlife05 @Sarah I’m glad you’re enjoying the app. I hope it helps with staying sober :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Want to thank you for this awesome app. I have been here for a few weeks .i also feel safe here.thats a priority .i find this very usefull and always Great support here,as it shall be. I know in not alone. You have done a Great job set this forum. Its my first interact in that way With People around the globe. I atend meetings too. Thank you again for this amazing forum. I will never forget this

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, @Cobaltchris. It’s a pleasure.

Thanks for your efforts it is appreciated.

This app is truly amazing I cannot believe what it has done for me in just 2 days. THANK YOU @Robin

1 Like

That’s great to hear @Jodokkes. I hope it continues to help you for many more.

1 Like

@Robin Thank you for creating a safe place for us to heal and grow and learn from eachother. I originally came for the sober time counter but got so much more.

1 Like

It’s a pleasure @Melrm. It’s here to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

10 days without my nightly whiskey because this site has encouraged me to be a better man.
Thank you, thank you, thank you !

3 Likes