About to go through the fire

Four days sober and gearing up to quit chewing tobacco.

This is going to be from the pan into the fire.

Needs to be done. I want all the poison out of my life.

I just hope I can deal with it . The amount of whiners in my life may well make it difficult to quit tobacco :expressionless::expressionless:

10 Likes

Just make sure that you put your sobriety first. If you’re feeling crazy, it’s better to give in to the tobacco than going back to addiction. I’m battling with this myself (cigarettes) It’s the hardest thing I’ve tried to do thus far.

4 Likes

That is tough to do. I had to give up dip then alcohol. Not sure if I could do both. I do agree the sobriety is paramount. Good luck and congrats on your 4 days. Make it 5!

1 Like

Agreed !!!

Yeah it is dip I am needing to give up too. For sure I will make it to day 5 !

Have one can of dip left :neutral_face:

Google Allen Carr on you tube. Also look at whyquit.com for motivation. Nicotine is so sneeky it get you hooks b4 you know what its doing to you and the cravings become very similar to the basic need for food. It takes a lot of will power, determination, and knowledge to beat it but it can be done. My last cigarette was sept. 6 2016.

3 Likes

I’ve quit smoking for 6 months now but I am vaping full time. I’d like to give up marijuana as well but it’s too scary to give up both that and alcohol. I’ll b at 3 days sober in a couple hours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not sure I could do both at the same time either! Many props to you for going through the fire! I quit smoking years ago but still use mini nicotine lozenges daily. Not sure I’ll ever give those up. It’s my only vice left now :grimacing:

1 Like

Amen @Melrm I’m a little over 2 months cigg free and it was/still is the hardest thing I have ever had to do! Nicotine is evil. I’m trying to tackle alcohol now. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

That’s tough. I’m trying to not give in to these cravings and urges of drinking and thinking maybe cigarettes would help lol but I’m not going to let that habit come back in my life. Good luck quitting the dip. You’ll save your mouth a lot of issues. My friends husband has throat cancer now because of that stuff. My prayers go out to you.

1 Like