About to relapse

I’m on day 5 and feel super vulnerable. Justifying because it’s Friday. Already bought the wine now just driving around killing time as I know when I get home, I’M DONE!

You do NOT have to drink today! Take it hour by hour, 5 min by 5 min if you have to! If i just dont drink for the next 5 min, ill be ok… You can get through tonight without a drink, i promise! If you want to talk further message me.

3 Likes

Just think about how bad you will feel tomorrow. The hangover. The guilt. The feeling useless or just being a screwup. Then you may want more to drink and feel even worse. Cycle goes on. Don’t do it. Not worth it.

1 Like

Are dealing with what i like to call an addicts version of the old cartoon arguments, where you hqve an Angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other arguing with each other. If you make the choice to drink tonight you have to get up and work through all the negativity again. If you choose not to you get to wake up in the morning feeling proud of your self. All you have to is get someqhere with a trash can and dispose of it. You can do it, i have faith in you.

2 Likes

Day 5 is awesome already… you don’t want to start over and wake up tomorrow regretting it. Go throw it away in the garbage and go see a movie at the theater for a couple of hours or something to keep busy! You can do it! I am on day 12 and on Fridays I want to let loose and drink too but instead I called family game night with my mom, boyfriend, my 15, and 20 year old kids, and my nieces. I will wake up tomorrow with the memory of having a great Friday night with my family with no hangover and I will be on day 13. Find someone to talk to or do something else without alcohol. I have faith in you!

3 Likes

The first Friday is always hard.

2 Likes

Why is this so hard?? I was thinking I could moderate but I’m just a fool. I have to do all or nothing. It’s the first drink that I can’t have. Can we please keep in touch? I really need to have supports in place.

2 Likes

I would love to keep in touch! I know I can’t moderate and it sucks because others can. I just know finally that I just can’t have only one… it would make me want more. It is hard to admit this to myself also, but actually what does alcohol give you? For me, it gave me more sadness, more pain, massive hangovers, distance from my family who hated my drinking binges… I now have to learn how to do things without alcohol which is going to be a new learning experience for me but I feel that I’m so worth it! So are you! You can call me anytime too if you need a friend that’s fighting too. I’m here for you! 920-723-6988. My name is Bobbie Jo

1 Like

Can you get to a meeting?

oh i feel your pain :confused:

1 Like

No matter what happened tonight, just know that tomorrow is always a new day.
But, I hope the angel on your shoulder had more power over that damn devil! Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk.

1 Like

As long as you don’t stop trying it’s better than nothing.