Accidentally overdosed not sure how to repair damage

Hey guys, I (23f) figured some of you have probably gone through something similar and really need advice. I accidentally overdosed a few weeks ago in fentanyl that I thought was a regular pain pill. I am not an addict but was struggling at the time with craving opiates for sure. My boyfriend found me totally unresponsive, he didn’t know if I was breathing. Straight up almost died. He called 911 and I was admitted to the hospital, luckily I was fine. This has obviously been very traumatic for everyone who loves me, especially my boyfriend. Besides staying sober is there any advice you can give me? I have been beyond depressed and racked with guilt. Feel like I have really messed up all of my relationships. Has anyone else been through something similar?

3 Likes

I’m gonna echo what was already said

The contradiction, I’m not an addict but I was craving opiates, this concerns me.

I used to have a goal when I went to rehab and it was I just want to drink and drug like a normal person. What normal person decides to use illegal drugs on the regular?

Overdosing is scary you wake up have no idea where your at what happened. You feel like ass. You almost fucking died. Think about that for a minute if your boyfriend wasn’t there, the next question would be pine or cedar? Let that sink in.

Next I want you to consider why are you craving fentanyl? Is it cause you like the effect? Is it cause it numbs you?

While you sort this out, I would suggest possibly seeking professional help. Such as a counselor or therapist as you may have more to address than a one time fetanyl overdose

4 Likes

And I don’t have wings but am a fairy for sure :sunglasses:

Accidental overdosing happens. If you were in hospital and you’re fine, no problem.
As stated above, be honest.

But as far as I’m concerned, be honest to yourself especially.

1 Like

I am definitely taking it seriously, I don’t want to die. They looked just like regular pin pills. I bought them from a guy who hangs out with some people at my school. I liked the motivation they gave me, used them to study and stuff like that, and of course I felt great. Maybe it’s is addiction in early stages? Don’t know much about all of this

2 Likes

First of all I’m glad you are OK. I know some of our responses may seem harsh it is just that we have all seen this movie over and over again. But the good news is you don’t have to be in the movie! You are young and have your whole life in front of you. Millions of people have gotten addicted to opioids even from taking them for legitimate reasons from a doctor. So much so that major pharmaceutical companies and pharmacists are wrapped up in billion lawsuits right now. It is no secret that any pill purchased these days no matter what is printed on it there’s a darn good chance it has fentanyl in it. Please believe us when I tell you that once you start relying on the substances for motivation or feeling good or anything else, what happens is your body loses its ability to feel Naturally motivated or good. And that my friend, is the definition of addiction.

It sounds like you dodged a bullet and you can let this be your own rock-bottom. You don’t have to suffer all of the negative consequences of addiction like financial, legal, medical, and I mean destroy relationships and everything, even death. You remind me of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. You don’t need to seek answers from foreign substances the ruby slippers are on you! Great job coming on here and being honest that’s very admirable

3 Likes

Glad to hear you survived. I can tell you from experience that you have an addiction whether you realize it or not. Best thing you can do is stay as far away from that stuff as possible. Don’t let it spiral until it’s out of control.

Stick around here, read and post a lot. It helps :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Also, you might want to read through this thread, created by one of our most knowledgeable members:

The story of fentanyl💊 (Trigger Warning)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone

1 Like

If you stop all together right now you won’t have to go through the misery of severe withdrawals. Just probably a few weeks of your mind wandering towards it but it is just a thought and you can turn yourself away. Please keep in touch with us we are all worried about you

1 Like