Achievement unlocked

I paid off the student loans this weekend! For the first time in decades (yikes…) I’m completely without debt. :partying_face:

Over 3.5 years ago I was closer to losing it all than I realized at the time, my job included. What started as being an inch from getting let go turned into several promotions.

That was never the goal (though I was grateful :sweat_smile:). I only wanted to do better by the people who had been so gracious with the old, PITA, drunk me. I felt ashamed, realizing the wreckage my self-inflating, over-promising, under-delivering ways was doing to those around me. I was given an opportunity to turn things around, and not just for myself. My job went from resentment to something I take pride in with a team. And I’m still learning daily how best to be of service.

As a result, in the past few years I find myself financially ahead for the first time in my entire adult life. I got aggressive repaying my student loan debt in the past couple years, while even starting a small nest egg.

And just like that, here we are. Completely debt free, liberated, and in a position to keep growing if I just keep my eyes on the prize.

34 Likes

That is so awesome! You actually wrangled a unicorn! I want one…

1 Like

Now this is cause for much celebration! Awesome brother

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Umm, can I get $100 to fill up my truck?

3 Likes

Congratulations!! Such a fine achievement!!

2 Likes

That is awesome! Congratulations!!! :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Truck fill up for only $100? Sounds like a steal. :weary:

4 Likes

What an awesome accomplishment! That must have been a huge weight lifted.

2 Likes

My high score, so far is $107! I was making it rain up in that camp!

But at least you know where your extra cash is going to be going…

2 Likes

That’s wonderful! Congratulations :tada::hugs::+1::bouquet::balloon::sun_with_face::confetti_ball::kite:

1 Like

This is amazing! What a great thing! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats!!!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

It’s such a good feeling ridding yourself of debt like that.
CONGRATULATIONS!
You have unlocked even more opportunity for yourself… Hardest question now is deciding what new to focus on.
Make it great, mate :slightly_smiling_face:
:+1:

1 Like

Major accomplishment, @Eke !

1 Like

Congratulations! Student loans are one of those mileposts in being an adult (from what I’ve been told). Keep up the good work! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing. Be proud. :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

Thats some serious determination and brilliant.
I bet you feel like fresh new leaf. :+1:

1 Like

That’s awesome eke I am jealous! I only have about 14 years to go myself!:scream:

2 Likes