Action for Happiness - Joyful June

Daily actions to help us look for what’s good and find more joy.

“Positive emotions - like joy, gratitude, contentment, inspiration, and pride - are not just great at the time. Recent research shows that regularly experiencing them creates an ‘upward spiral’, helping to build our resources. So although we need to be realistic about life’s ups and downs, it helps to focus on the good aspects of any situation - the glass half full rather than the glass half empty.”

8 Likes

Joyful June :hugs: - I like the sound of this :smiley:.

2 Likes

DAY 1

Decide to look for what’s good every day this month.

Challenge accepted :smile:

6 Likes

:joy: me too, we can do this :muscle:t2::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

DAY 2

Do three things to bring joy to other people today.

2 Likes

I know I slept in but don’t tell me I missed a whole day :joy::rofl:!

Had a catch up with work day planned (spliced with household chores (living the dream!!)) - this kind of limits the range of joy inducing activities I can engage in and contact with others. Can we include dogs? I could take them somewhere special and I might call my Mum … and if I finish my paper, my colleague will be overjoyed :grin:.

2 Likes

Count me in!

2 Likes

Haha oops thanks. I am obviously still very tired :see_no_evil::joy:

I need to think about what I can do to bring joy to others. My day is also looking quite chores based and I might even have to do some work that I didn’t finish last week. If you count the dog I will too!

2 Likes

Definitely counting the dogs - they think they’re furry humans anyway so, your truth is my truth, they count :rofl:

2 Likes

Yesterday I made breakfast in bed and we had curry, cookies and ice cream for dinner. My bf was suffering a bit after meeting up with some old friends (he gets chronic hangovers when he has more than one or two drinks) so I don’t know if it exactly bought him joy but it was what he needed.

I was cleaning out the chicks and they all jumped up on my back when I was leaning into the cage which was pretty funny. Certainly gave me joy and I messaged my Mum as she appreciates that kind of thing.

Also messaged my Aunt who is coming up to stay with my Mum in a few weeks, it will be the first time she’s been up here and I’m looking forward to it, so I told her.

2 Likes

DAY 3

Re-frame a worry and find a positive way to respond.

This will probably be a work thing. There’s a few things I’m behind on at the moment. I think I just need to take ownership of this, get in touch with people to tell them where I’m up to and let them know when it will be sorted.

2 Likes

Snap. I didn’t finish the paper yet that I had hoped which is putting everything else behind and I’ve got some big deadlines again this week. Trying not to worry about it :scream:.

I try and think of it as a good opportunity to prioritise. What really needs doing now and what can be pushed back. If it’s something you’re doing with colleagues you never know, they might appreciate the extra time!

1 Like

DAY 4

Thank someone for the joy they have bought into your life.

Ok I will :grin:.

1 Like

DAY 5

Do something today which you know will make you feel good.

I haven’t done any yoga for ages so I’d like to fit that in this evening.

1 Like

If self care doesn’t feel good to you then don’t do it :grin: Why not give the dogs and horses an extra treat or something like that?

Didn’t do yoga yesterday, aching from garden work. I spent some time with the chicks instead, they won’t be inside for much longer. They had fun climbing over me and then they were all tuckered out :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

DAY 6

Ask someone what brings them joy and listen to their answer.

1 Like