Action for Happiness - Jump Back July

1. Whatever is going to happen next on this crazy journey of mine.
3 Likes

Today I am going to get another quote to put a drain in my basement so I can drain my dehumidifier into is, in order to keep basement humidity down.

1 Like

I :heart: this

Brilliant

1 Like

Hope the weather behaves for you! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I started thinking about things that might happen that I was looking forward to, but it felt like a build up of expectations. Sometimes things don’t happen as we want them to or they don’t live up to expectations, so I just want to look forward to whatever happens next, good, bad or neither, without expectation.

2 Likes

Thanks it’s not much of a summer at the minute :smirk::smirk::smirk:

1 Like

DAY 3

Adopt a growth mindset. Change ‘I can’t’ into I can’t yet…’

1 Like

Day 3; another growth mindset I’m trying to adopt is changing my “have to’s” into “get to’s”.

“I have to cut out junk food and mindless eating”

“I get to eat a variety of healthy food that will be good for my body and help my mood”

5 Likes

Ha love that Lea.
I have to go to work!
I get to build things that will look good and stand for years to come!:smiley:

2 Likes

DAY 4

Be willing to ask for help when you need it today (and always)

3 Likes

I feel like I need help but I have no idea what with, which makes it hard to ask :upside_down_face:

There is some stuff at work that I’ve wanted to do for ages and just haven’t got round to. I’m also finding at the moment that I’m struggling to write proposals. I’m just so slow, I kind of know what to get across but my brain is like glue. I asked a colleague who knows I am on antidepressants at the moment, if I pull some bullet points together could she flesh them out (she is good at this, and it’s not outside her job remit to do it), which I can then review. Also asked if we could catch up to go over some ideas I have that I’d like her input on, to help me focus a bit. She seemed pretty happy to have been asked and it’s nice for me to know she’s happy to help!

2 Likes

Ha. Delayed reaction, but yeah, I was taking a moment to reflect on July 2nd in passing.

Feeling overwhelmed this week and thinking what I do is so very important :sweat_smile:, it was too much “me.” So I took a day at work to drop what I was doing and spend time with staff and students instead.

And it was awesome! Thinking together on thought provoking stuff, seeing lights come on and all that free energy unleashed. It was probably way more productive (and definitely more fun) than whatever I thought was so dang important.

3 Likes

DAY 5

Avoid saying ‘must’ or ‘should’ today.

This is a good one for me. I get stuck in big thought loops and set all these expectations for myself. It means I end up lumping everything together, the important and the irrelevant, and just get overwhelmed. It nearly always starts with me thinking about something I think I should be doing.

6 Likes

DAY 6

Put a problem into perspective and see the bigger picture.

This could apply to so many things for me.

I often try to do this when I’m feeling sad about something and it doesn’t always help. It can make me feel silly and spoilt and ungrateful.

6 Likes

DAY 7

Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy.

I have a pretty set plan for today. Tom did a lot of housework while I was out yesterday though so that means that isn’t on the list :raised_hands::see_no_evil:

But pretty much the things I’ve got to do are things I enjoy. Take the dog for a walk this morning, belly dancing at our local fair this afternoon and then going out for some food after. Going to help at a stall there this morning so will see how that goes.

4 Likes

Day 7 in July. My mood is tense playing Monopoly with my kids lol I will shift it by going to the park with them after this… Being outside is guaranteed to release the stress this game has caused which seems crazy lol but THIS is what is important to them right now so I’m just dealing with it best I can 🤦🤪

4 Likes

They beat you, didnt they…:grin:

Groovy, I achieved this one before I knew what it was. I was feeling tired and drained after returning from a family weekend away. So I motivated myself down to my dock to lay in the sun and then decided to hop into an inner tube and go for a little float in the lake. It really relaxed me.

3 Likes

I :100: came in last lol

1 Like

DAY 8

Get the basics right - eat well, exercise and go to bed on time.

2 Likes