Addictive personality. Sex, love, men? Lol

I have accepted I am an alcoholic, I have accepted I am addicted to cocaine. I have accepted I have an addictive personality. I know I am addicted to sex and love and talking to men and the thrill of the whole thing. However I can’t seem to kerb this one. I find myself on tinder and the likes, on dates, in bed with men. It’s not even the actual act of sex, I haven’t done that in months! I’m addicted to being wanted sexually. What the hell is wrong with me? Lol. Any advice welcome!

7 Likes

Hey there! You’ll find a few female sex/love/lust addicts here, including myself. You may want to search for threads related to this, I’ll tag you in one that’s recent and relevant. Have you been working any sort of program for your drinking and cocaine? There are programs for this kind of addiction as well and if there is something that was a good fit for your other addictions, there may be a version of that for sex/love addiction as well.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been doing addiction counselling, for the drink and cocaine. I have brought this matter up but she wants to focus more on the substance abuse. Although I personally think that’s easier to control :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

It’s awesome that you had the courage to bring it up, it’s a really hard one to talk about! I didn’t bring it up to my therapist until it was an emergency.

If you’re looking for program ideas, I do SMART and SLAA as well as counseling. If you have questions about either, or just want to chat, I’m always here!

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with you for one… I am going to 21 months clean and sober on the 5th. Idk if this particular part will be relevant but I lost a pretty substantial amount of weight through my journey and let me tell ya… It felt sexy as hell to be desired sexually, and the chase was just like drugs. Just like anything else … Moderation, boundaries, and knowing what is and isn’t healthy for your life. If you feel like it just needs to come out of you and you can move on… Maybe it’s just a phase then. If you feel it’s MORE than that in a unhealthy way, maybe focus on yourself in the meantime?

Just a suggestion.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s exactly how it feels to be a lust addict! My drug of choice is sexual attention. It’s not an “everything in moderation” situation for me, not even a little bit. For me, defining exactly what my healthy vs unhealthy sexual and flirtatious behaviors were (and thereby what would count as a relapse, etc) was difficult, but it set the tone for my recovery.

http://www.slaaonline.org/faq/ is a good place to start if you’re looking for resources and curious about whether or not you might qualify as a sex/lust/love addict.

2 Likes

This will be my only post on this thread but I want to thank you all for starting this thread. This thread has every right to be here. It has every right to be public. If people don’t like it then can not read it or sign off for good. There’s a few members that I know have bitched. This is for you. You don’t know everything and definitely have no right to tell women not to post about their addiction.

Carry on ladies. Love you all.

10 Likes

Haters gonna hate :smirk: thank you for your support! This thread has helped me immensely. This should be a non judgemental, safe place. I sure as hell hope nobody that’s been negative ever gets shamed for their demons :heart:

6 Likes

So true for so many negatives in our lives. Sound advice.

2 Likes

As addiction is everywhere! Creepers are everywhere… They are checking ur wife out at the gas pump and they hide behind computers too. Nothing is gonna stop the creep from being there. You have no control if he cat calls across a walmart parking lot. Its life and why we learn tools to handle these situations because moving or hiding isnt going to save u from addiction…

2 Likes

I lost weight too after quitting drugs & alcohol & I started getting so much male attention. Like constant staring from certain guys. I engaged in sexual activity (not intercourse) with a guy I met on a Christian dating site (ironic huh?) about 4 years ago because he loved my body & was constantly telling me I was beautiful. Now since I am trying to be celibate, I have kind of lost my motivation to stay in shape. LOL. It’s very unlike me, actually, to not care, but I have not had sex in over 7 years & also the quarantine has lowered my motivation due to working at home & almost never seeing anyone. LOL. But I know it helps me in my recovery to exercise. I just need to do it for the right reasons. I am trying to stop “self-love” currently. I have gone over 1 month without doing it. This is truly the hardest addiction to tackle. Drugs & alcohol were easy in comparison. I can just choose not to have those substances in my house. But I always have my own body with me. No escaping that.