Addictive personality

Ouch @LuluJo lol. How have you been?

Broken. Thank you for asking. I was in a really good place before. Lost again.

1 Like

I said that because I deal with the same stuff, extremes. Unfortunately I am beyond the point of light treatment.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :frowning: What’s your current plan? How’s the no drinking going?

After I got the news, I didn’t run for the bottle. I had a drink for his memorial. 91 days sober. After the first for two months it was pretty tame. Last one month not good. Maybe not everyday but looking for an escape. Long and tangled story.

1 Like

This’ SO SO relatable. I’m addicted to reading novels- strange I know. But trust me. THIS EXISTS. Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Heroes or Heroines with defects etc- the kind of genre that helps you escape.

Then there’s youtube & movies. And binge eating.

Right now I’m on Day 2 of Sobriety.

Yes! When reading novels in the dark become more important than your sleepy hurting eyes… Thats a big issue.

Times when I have tried to eliminate it altogether, I’ve relapsed back a 1000 times more. So this time I am just trying to keep control. Tapering. Slowly, taking baby steps.

And above all… trying to face in the REAL WORLD for once!

2 Likes

I am passed the eating sweet stuff stage. Gardening a bit. Deep into politics and Netflix of course. I am hurting bad to be honest.

2 Likes

Oh, I am sure I am compulsive. Tho keep in mind all of my addictions were over a 40+ year period…so a little here, a little there.

I am pretty steady since I got sober 2 years ago, my anxiety is much less, especially once my sleep got regulated. I no longer take any pills (except a few supplements).

3 Likes