Admitting the problem

Well due to my toxic relationship with a alcohol i will be refraining from tonight shenanigans.
I have finally come to realisation and admit that i have a drinking problem. This past week has really put things into perspective. I have upset people i care about and have been an absolute idiot and i can only say sorry sorry sorry. Its easy to go into to denial but my drinking has become problematic and its time to get this shit out my body and start rebuilding my life and relationships.

If you are going out tonight have a good one for me and please stay safe

Peace

5 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling down about upsetting people. I know that feeling well. The only thing you can do besides apologize to those people is live a sober life and prove to them that you want to change. I’m not going out this weekend either even though I cant sleep, but it’s better to wake up tired than wake up hungover.

I’m so proud of you. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you i hope you are well x

1 Like

Good luck to you. You can only do your best.

1 Like

They say admitting you have a problem is the first step, and it sounds like you’re there. Every journey needs a first step. You’ll get where you want to go if you keep one foot in front of the other. You can do this.

2 Likes

Well done on owning the issue; I had same problem which caused frequent relapses. Not going out either… off to secluded holiday home instead.
I am also upsetting people and need to stop falling off the wagon every 10 days or so. Stay strong man.

1 Like

Yes indeed Samantha, a most true statement, well said. Congratulations on your sobriety my friend. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you i am trying

Its the same for me i do a week or so and then fall of the wagon i end up talking loads of rubbish and end up arguing . 3 days now feeling like death this is the worst i have felt of alcohol so its give me a bit of a kick up the backside but not a drop of alcohol has touched my lips. One day at a time as long as i dont drink im winning and its only me who can stop that

2 Likes

Stay in touch bud. Maybe we can just keep updating. :+1:

1 Like

I feel a lot better today. Had a good few days eating well and keeping hydrated and taking supliments.

Yesterday was hard because everyone was going out now the pubs have reopened up in the uk but i stuck at it and stayed in and woke up fresh.
Time to get back on track start looking after myself and focusing on whats important

Hope you are good brother

1 Like

This is really important early on! Your body is going through a lot of changes without the alcohol. Give yourself time to heal. Take care of yourself. One day at a time. :blush:

1 Like