Advice needed to start again

I am a cocaine addict and enjoy drinking.

I have been struggling with addiction the last few years.

I want to know change my life.

How do i go about doing this?

I keep on going around in circles.

1 Like

Thanks Jessi

My aim is 90 days.

Hello friend. As @anon37742172 said, a good support team is a must! I wouldn’t be here, and sober without one. Most of my support has come from the strangers on this site! Reach out and keep coming back!!
Focus on today, because that’s all you can control. You can’t control your tomorrows. My initial goal was 30 days, I’m at 47 today and I am just focusing on my today’s. I’m not stressing about the camping vacation I have coming up next week, where there will be drinking and smoking all around me, I’m focusing on today.

Keep coming back here, try some meetings, but find a support system that works for you!

Along with the wise words from @anon37742172, I’d recommend trying to engage in positive hobbies/a passion. Something to keep you busy and provide a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment. Could be an old passion from before your addiction “took the reigns”, or perhaps you seek out something new. For me, it was hitting the gym.

Again, something to keep you busy and engaged in life. You know what they say about idle hands.

Best of luck to you! Hope to see you checking in here regularly.

1 Like

I have a gym membership.

Thanks for your advice x

I unfortunately like cocaine too. I have yet to admit to myself that I may have a cocaine addiction because I use it every 2-3 months. So am I addicted to it or a social user? I readily admit to having a problem with Oxycodone, but idk why I’m stuck on the cocaine. At any rate, what keeps me from using the cocaine more frequently is I just stay away from my dealer friends who have access to it. I dont think it’s that simple though as just staying away. One day at a time i suppose… youll know when youre ready, and this community has proved awesome during those early days in recovery.

1 Like

I’m a little late to the game on this, but have you considered AA or NA? As long as I stick to my program they have been working pretty well for me.

2 Likes