Advice on sleeping

48 hours into finding this app and making the decision for change. The hardest thing is trying to sleep. I just toss and turn. Not craving cocaine luckily, just unable to sleep. Any advice?

4 Likes

I usually tell myself that it’s okay if I’m not sleeping because I’m still resting. It seems to calm my mind and eventually I’ll fall asleep. Good decision on quitting btw

5 Likes

Exercise helped my body sleep. It released the tension and filled the time & made me sleepy at night…

2 Likes

Over the counter sleep aid and an established “get ready for sleep routine” helped me a lot early.

Be prepared for plenty of issues with sleep until your body and brain get back to a somewhat normal state.

1 Like

It’s normal to have sleep problems in the beginning of your recovery. What has helped me was a melatonine supplement. You can buy it at a drugstore.

1 Like

Ride it out. It’s really tough in the beginning. Took me 3-4 weeks to get back to somewhat regular sleep. I’d relax an even though I couldn’t sleep I knew I was resting. Had a lot of micro sleeps. It didn’t feel like I was asleep but I’d remember dreams so was getting something.

1 Like

If my head is full I use some sleep meditations which are on YouTube. Currently focused on letting some people go and selflove. So if you know why you’re restless and can’t sleep you can search for specific sleep meditations.

I just checked and their are also mediations specific for alcoholisme/sobriety. Didn’t check those myself before :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! I’m going to try some of these methods tonight. I appreciate this community :heart:

1 Like