Advice people

Arrrggghhhhhhhh… fkn exes. No wonder my mind is fkd up and I drink. I need to block n delete, but my crazy mind says that’s petty. Why do I need to feel sympathic to another when all they do is dig knives in???
Wtf is wrong with me,

2 Likes

Blockkkkkkk

It will take time but as you work your sobriety and improve your relationship with yourself, you will think about it less.

Take care :innocent:

1 Like

You need to walk away 100% and focus on you.

You also need to not let this person be an excuse to drink. No matter what someone else does you still get to make the choice to stay sober.

YOU CAN DO IT.

4 Likes

Nothing has control over you unless you let it. By not blocking this person, you’re allowing them to control your feelings and possibly actions.

3 Likes

This right here :point_up: is bullshit. You drink because you want to. That being said block toxic people out of your life, if they don’t make you better they serve no purpose. Best wishes

4 Likes

Block and delete if it’s causing you to relapse and it’s toxic remove it, I’ve done that in my life and it will hurt for a bit but you will see it’s the best thing for yourself it’s not about them it’s about you

1 Like

This is true. Thankyou

My alcohol counsellor said today, you do realise this is domestic violence. I need to block and start being selfish and concentrate on myself. The process is in motion now.

1 Like

I spent years thinking that focusing on myself was being selfish. I now know that it isn’t.
The more I read around here and read/listen to podcasts on this topic of alcoholism, the more I realise that many, many problem drinkers are people pleasers. I know that I am, and I also know that I allowed it to undermine my resolve to stay sober in the past. I buckled to peer pressure way too easily.
Looking after yourself is not selfish, it is absolutely essential.

3 Likes

Focus on yourself, as others have said here. You have plenty of people here that will help you. You can do it.

1 Like