After a Stressful Day of Work

I am currently feeling the struggle. After a long day of work I would typically relax with a drink and keep drinking till I went to bed. Now I’m trying to rewrite my brain and look for new ways to relax after a stressful 10 hour work day!

4 Likes

Maybe go for a walk/run or go for a bikeride. Or read a book. Or meditate. Or crosswordpuzzles. That way the cravings will be less

2 Likes

That was me too. I’m honestly so happy to have kicked that. Actually there is not really something I replaced it with except writing and reading on this forum maybe. Unwinding from a busy day goes better sober. Gives me time to reflect a bit instead of drowning my day in booze trying to forget which never succeeds. No alcohol induced coma afterwards from which I awoke drowsy and hungover. Hang in there Ree. Every crave survived makes the next one just that tiny little bit easier to cope with. Unnoticeable at first but the cumulative affect will show soon enough. Just as long as you don’t give in. One day, one hour, one crave at a time. Good you’re here. Together we can do this.

4 Likes

Yep that’s the way.
For the first few months all I did was work bath sleep repeat pretty much.
Obviously I did the basics to get by but I didn’t go anywhere and spent the evenings either reading on here or reading a book in the bath.
Things do even out as you say it’s just a need to rewire how we think.

2 Likes

I liked to play games on my phone or come on here. Before you know it the time will fill its self… I slept a lot during the early days. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

I liked to play games on my phone or come on here. Before you know it the time will fill its self… I slept a lot during the early days… hope you find something to keep your hands busy x

1 Like

I feel you! I have that same struggle!! It’s been 4 days sober …Trying to keep busy… I’ve done 30 before and it felt great… so I am trying to focus on why I want to get sober! Hang in there!!!