Ah well. Here I am

Oh shit. The relapse category. Never thought I’d ever have to post in this section.

And yet…

Here I am. After nearly 6 months, I relapsed Monday, still going strong, in my drinking career that is.

I am sad and sorry, but one thing I wanted to say to the newcomers, who were as green at this as I was almost 6 months ago…

I didn’t realize it would be so difficult starting over. There is no starting again because the cravings are back full force. Like gangbusters. After the first couple months or so I didn’t think about drinking. That craving was gone, replaced with random drinking dreams every so often. Now, I can’t get through the day. I guess my main message is: don’t test those waters, don’t give in. You are literally starting from square one. I thought I could get back at it. Easily. Wrong. So so wrong.

Catch ya on the flip side. :heart:

29 Likes

@Elisabeth, we can do this! I really admire you and appreciate your words.

1 Like

Ugh. I guess. Life sucks right now, lol.

1 Like

Hey, I hope you are not saying you are leaving us? This sounds like a goodbye letter and that’s unacceptable. Relapse happens to everyone, myself it’s happened 3 times, keep going strong you still have that 6 months of experience :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Nooooooo :pensive:
I am so sorry about your relapse.
6 months is amazing thats half a year, and something to be incredibly proud of.Think of all the amazing things you have been through SOBER.You may have slipped and I know it can be hard to pick yourself up but you CAN and you WILL.
Tell the cravings to f#$% off. Scratch, punch, and claw the drinking urge right in the face is you have to. You are worth sobriety, and you deserve a happy sober life girl.
Im here for you.

5 Likes

That means more than you can imagine. Thank you. It’s just sad and so defeating to be in this position and admit the hold it has on me.

2 Likes

Bla, miss almost a year of sobriety. Shoot.

2 Likes

Oh no!!! Fucking alcohol! :broken_heart:

Well, I know you probably feel like a giant turd right now, but I still consider you to be someone I look up to on this forum.
6 months was a good sober run, and you can do it again for longer @Elisabeth I know you can!!
This time you have more tools, more experience and now these terrible feelings of relapse to reflect upon to make you even stronger this go around.
In the end, we are only human.
Always here if you need to chat.
:heartpulse:

2 Likes

Ducking alcohol! I really enjoy your posts too @Dogboi. You are bad ass.

I feel like the biggest turd, but reading that made me laugh. So thank you. :poop:

It was a good sober run! It makes me sad to lose my birthday, sobriety birthday, but there it is. Thank God for you and this forum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are all here with you! I had a year at one point and threw it all away at a holiday party. It was stupid! We pick ourselves up and move on. <<>>

5 Likes

“Don’t become a hostage to your past.” Thank you, very inspiring. :relieved:

1 Like

Thank you @anon69871201.

You are the wind beneath my wings… Wait, has that been said before? Lol :wink:

1 Like

Hello @Elisabeth,first avail you have proven yourself you can be sober…6 months is awesome!!!Nobody will take away these 6months from you…take the relapse as your learning experience and start again where you have left off!!!You can do it!!!8))

2 Likes

Meh. I guess. It’s hard to feel great about the time I had when all I want to do is drank drank drank.

Thank you for the kind words. :blush:

1 Like

Hugs, Sister. You know what you need to do. No one can take away that 6 months of experience in sobriety away from you. I think it takes a relapse to get our attention and get humbled. It goes to show that this isn’t something to be taken lightly. It is hard as hell but it’s the greatest fight of a lifetime. We’ll be right here. :wink:

5 Likes

I so sorry this happened to you. :frowning: shows how easily we can slip back. hugs we are all here for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

It doesnt a have complete hold, you have some control.It shows by what time youve already done sober, hold onto that tightly.

3 Likes

I’d say don’t worry about it. Get up tomorrow start over it’ll be a new day. You can do this it’s just a little setback. Ask your higher power for guidance you’ll get through it no big deal​:hugs::purple_heart::pray: You’ll see the sunshine through the tunnel, promise nothing worth having comes easy…

1 Like

Humbled af. :weary:

2 Likes