Alcohol detox question

2.53 days sober and last night I kept waking up in a complete panic. I don’t remember most of it now, but I was half awake when they happened. I think it was once every few hours, I’d wake up, shoot straight up and be in a panic. Like having a panic attack while sleeping. I’d be awake for maybe 5 seconds and I’d pass right back out.
Has anyone experienced this? Scares the crap out of me, I don’t want to go to sleep tonight. I have general anxiety disorder and have had my fair share of panic attacks, but this is terrifying.

2 Likes

Yip… i had that every single time after a drinking session… roughly about 2 days in also. Its horrible but i know alot of people that this happens to. Dont freak your self out about it. Try listening to something calming and soothing while your drifting off to sleep or some easy tv /reading… i always dreaded going to bed because of this but calming your mind of thoughts will help. Relax relax relax. You will be fine! I hope you sleep well :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::grin::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

It gets better promise !! The first week or so is the worst

Many times this has happened to me. Most of the time it’s a bad dream or even night terrors. Most people don’t remember the dream and just wake up in a panic. When your going to sleep think of only positive things. I know it’s a lot harder than it sounds. Even calming music. Many times I’ll listen to sleep meditation off of YouTube to relax me and put me in a peace state of mind.

1 Like

I just have bad twitches in my sleep at time but I have heard of that. I also get a lot of lucid dreaming. I have anxiety as it is so its already hard that my brain never quiets but after the lack of sleep the last time it’s pretty motivating to try and keep at this for a change