Alcohol explained in my personal experience

They say only 10 to 11% of people with an Alcohol Use Disorder fully recover. I didn’t ask to be this way none of us did. I will do whatever it takes to beat this because I don’t want to be this way. I never knew and was very uneducated on how addictive alcohol actually is. It didnt make sense to me I though “its a liquid how can it be addictive no way” but then alcohol withdrawal set in, it turned into DELERIUM TREMENS, it almost literally cost me my life at 23 years old. Im just not drinking yes its going to be hard but I just want to Life Water please :yum:. Being addicted to “Spirits”(alcohol) is the worst. Id rather go back through my army training. Alcohol gets into the receptors in your brain and nervous system and completely re wires them. It affects your GABA receptors and all. I have done months worth of research to know the answer of at least try to know. Quitting cold turkey is very dangerous and I have done it, ive done it 4-5 times now and im done. When you quit feeding your brain and nervous system that extra dopamine and chemicals you with-drawl because your body then has to adjust and try to get back to normal kind of like an infection or being sick you body is fighting to get back to normal. You’re blood pressure then rises you’re on the verge of having a heart attack, stroke, etc. Alcohol withdrawal can be mild, moderate, to severe, it all also depends if you’ve withdrawled before it only gets worse but also everyone is different. So alcohol withdrawal explained, who knows it just depends. I have experienced every symptom you can think of. What about you? Getting help is brave we all know that but also giving 110% to stay sober is my way to it. Alcohol weakens the walls on your heart as well and the blood pressure on the heart will lead to heart attack, stroke, etc but also Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy, its a form of heart disease caused by alcohol abuse. These are the things ive researched myself. Now Delirium Tremens my hardest time I’ve withdrawn explained, so I couldn’t take it my blood pressure being the biggest thing, being rushed to the emergency room for alcohol withdrawal was one thing but Delirium Tremens set in, I remember having cockroach like bugs crawling out of my ivs and ripping my ivs out all of them. This was my personal experience of alcohol withdrawal. I still havnt drank. I can eat, sleep, and i feel so good on the inside. Please dont be scared to get help.

10 Likes

I appreciate you posting this. Educating myself on what alcohol actually is, how it impacts not only the brain, but the whole body, has been helpful for me. I find it fascinating to read about it. I’m glad you are past the withdrawals. We never have to experience that again.

2 Likes

Great post. Took almost dying from withdrawal for me to stop. Big ups to you

2 Likes

Well said👊

1 Like