Alcohol Free Drinks

i stick to soda water and lime , dont like things that mention alcohol ,even if its isnt there ?

You’ll find lots of topics on here about non alcoholic substitutes.

It’s a no from me. Been there tried it and had the blackout

It’s not normal to drink 12 bottles of NA beer in 30 mins… I wouldn’t have done that if I was drinking bottles of coke. I was just romanticing drinking again and drunk just as fast as I would with alcohol

Guess what, I did drink again…

Just my 2 cents, may be fine for you :grinning:

During my first real attempt at sobriety I found that as a lot of people say I drank these drinks way too fast and like you say actually developed a craving for an alcohol free beer at my usual wine o clock, I didn’t crave actual alcohol but I had to know my Na beers were in the house. That attempt at sobriety failed as I had no programme and I had an eight month relapse before starting again.
This time around I have a programme and avoided the Na drinks but still found that whatever I drank in the evenings I drank too fast, I could go through 2 litres of water in an evening watching the tv. I waited for that habit to shift and settle this time around before I tried Na drinks, by nine months in I was no longer guzzling excessive amounts of water in the evenings so I decided on holiday it would be fine try an Na beer. Nothing happened, I am now able to enjoy Na drinks in the same way as any other drink, I’ll have one if I fancy it, I won’t if I don’t and I don’t drink 10 at a time.
It appears my habit was drinking fast whatever the beverage was, Na beer or otherwise. For ME it’s just another drink option available to me and one I actually enjoy every now and then.

3 Likes

AF is a bit like nicotine patches in the sense your prolonging the inevitable return to the real stuff

You need to break the habit but just physically but also behaviourally … That means bee habits altogether .

I switched to really cold water and ice cubesbto make it last longer but some people like flavours like lemon etc.

Good luck