Alcohol in My Face . . . and in My House

Yucky on weed and beer and liquor

1 Like

You got that right!

1 Like

Trust me want be sober for a life time

1 Like

I love this forum for that reason! Everyone here ā€œgetsā€ it. Nobody in my family does. Iā€™m the only left-handed alcoholic for miles!

4 Likes

And the cool thing isā€¦you CAN be!

1 Like

My ex did the same thing. Pouring a big glass of whatever then leaving it on the counter to tempt me. And he was a big manā€¦I was afraid to dump it. In hindsight, I now realize one of the reasons he did it was because I was easier to control when drinking. The hangovers, guilt, and shame worked in his favor. But, I left him to save my life. He acted all holier than thou after the fact. Seriouslyā€¦went to church and all. Dude needed serious help.

2 Likes

Donā€™t like 3 of my ex gf s got me in trouble with the law went jail for tons of times then jail and prison over few yrs

1 Like

@Mbwomanā€¦ Uhhmm, your kinda like a superwoman now, having overcome that evil no good temptations!! good job friend!!

1 Like

Waitā€¦ you went to prison over 3 exes? How does that happen?

6 Likes

Wow long story ya know fights so on

1 Like

Long story? We got lots of time now that weā€™re sober. lol. Itā€™s obvious you donā€™t want to talk about it so Iā€™ll stop prying.

4 Likes

I think exposure is in a way very important. As a gaming addict, Iā€™m confronted with my addiction daily. My best friends playing games in front of me at school. Sometimes when playing trivia games, they even ask me to help as Iā€™m a trivia nut. My brother played a lot of games I was addicted to in front of me. There even was a time that you had to play games to get discounts at McDonaldā€™s. Iā€™d just let my friends do it. Iā€™ve gotten so used to gaming around me that I donā€™t really give a crap about it anymore.

Edit: donā€™t go intentionally looking for exposure. No exposure is better at all times

2 Likes

I remember bringing left over alcohol from another party to the one my wife and I were throwing. There was this particular bottle of rum that was corked. I opened it and smelled it and corked it back. I put it in my trunk and went back to my house. I never felt so wonderful in all my life.

1 Like

Yup that very true on statement u said cc

What happened there then?

Were you drunk when all this happened? Seems a good reason to stay sober if so

1 Like

Yes was drunk so I am stsy sober

2 Likes

Good man! This forum is a good platform for doing that.

I find coming on here and going to AA and working the steps helps me.

When you work the steps you make amends for past wrongs you have done. This might be helpful for you? You can make amends for those things that landed you in jail. Itā€™s a spiritual program and makes you a better person in the end. Iā€™ve heard of people in AA who have killed people and come out the other side

All the best on your journey and reach out if you need too! :+1:

5 Likes

Yes yes just taking step in AA etc yes heard people in AA kill other people

1 Like

@DarrenUK you are beautiful soul x

3 Likes

@MagicMamaā€¦thanks. Days later still just happy I got through it so easily.