Alcohol is No Plaything

I lost another friend to alcohol last week. This makes four total. I’m not saying this for any kind of sympathy, only to point out why we’re all here. Alcohol and drug addiction is no plaything. It destroys and takes lives. Thank you all for being here and taking the time to post. The only way a lot of us can get and stay sober is with help from the ones who’ve been through it. Thank you for your help. Stay strong!

21 Likes

My deepest condolences to you friend :frowning: its absolutely devastating how many people lose their life to this disease every day. Thats why even though relapse is very common when trying to get clean/sober, i never normalize it when i talk about relapse in recovery bcuz a relapse can be fatal. We are all very lucky to be here.
We all have another relapse in us but not all of us have another recovery :cry:
Im sorry for ur loss.

8 Likes

So sorry for your loss friend, sending you healing and love :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Ya…alcohol and drugs really do cause havoc…despair and as you just experienced with your friend…sometimes death. Stay strong everyone!! One day at a time. Get to the pillow tonight sober!!

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss. And your comments are 110% accurate.

5 Likes

Denver, my deepest condolences. This disease is a sentence worse than death. I hate alcohol with a passion.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Alcohol is an insidious demon that’s dressed up in a pretty package. It’s like a wolf in sheep’s clothing just poised and ready to strike and kill. It is not your friend, it has nothing beneficial to offer. So glad it’s all behind me now.

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss ,its true this is life or death Disease thousands of lifes all over the world are lost every year, in my 36 years of sobriety lost lots of friends so i know how you feel wish you well

3 Likes

I’m so very sorry amd thank you for sharing this. You are so right. It’s a cunning vicious poison.

3 Likes

Sending my condolences and prayers your way and at first i heard them say get you a suit you will be going to alot of funerals and i just really shrugged it off bc i was still eary in my journey but after a few 24hrs in the rooms i have seen alot of AA friends lose their battle. I will continue to pray for the sick and suffering inside of the rooms and outside. Wish you well on your journey.

1 Like

That is what my sponsor reminded me of today. As we completed my 12th step, she emphasized the importance of taking the message to someone who is still sick and suffering.

3 Likes