Alcohol nightime sale hours

Here on the weekdays they stop selling alcohol at midnight on weekdays and sundays. Friday and saturdays they stop selling at 2am. Even if I did not feel too anxious about buying any during the day. Around the timea i know they will stop selling I do get anxious sometimes. I know I wont be able to get it if I dont go by this time. When I was drinking I would usually craxk by that time if I hadnt already and go get some. After they stop selling it I usually do feel relief. Anybody else do that?

1 Like

I think at the beginning I did, eventually you’ll be in a different mindset where it’s not an issue, for me anyway. :blush:

4 Likes

I would go through this exactly. I would get extremely anxious and look at the time so often it probably appeared I had a ‘tic’. As the time moved on closer to closing time I would get irritable with my husband and super fidgety. I wouldn’t sit still and would always be shuffling about. Sometimes, when it was now too late to buy, the agitation would slip away. Other times I’d be so frustrated and angry I’d just go to bed and lay awake as to not push my attitude onto my husband. I’m happy I pushed through it. Even the worst of times. It has got easier to see the window for buying alcohol close.

1 Like

None of us are alone lol I like how its so easy to relate to people on this app. Makes it easier to stay sober to see how this is just life. We might struggle in a moment and anothet person somewhere is struggling the same way. Another person gave up. Another person kept going. I think about time a lot everybody says life goes by fast but for me it feels like it will never end. Everybody says one hour at a time one day at a time. Some people say count the days some people say its better if you dont. Out life is just made up of seconds of good or bad choices.

2 Likes

You are exactly right. The being able to relate so closely to so many different people and their experiences so intimately has really, really helped. We are not alone. :slight_smile:

1 Like