All about us (me)

As alcoholics/addicts/whatevs we have a serious case of unchecked ego. We like to think we are the morning important thing in the universe. As a result we tend to make everything about us, when usually it has nothing to do with us.

So I want to hear about an event/occurrence in your friend or family’s life that you made all about you, even though it had nothing to do with you.

I seriously have so many to choose from that I haven’t decided which one to share yet.

4 Likes

I had similar experiences around the holidays. I’m glad you mentioned it bc it reminds me too

2 Likes

So this has not happened yet…but a friend of mine is getting married on my birthday…And I’m making it all about meeeee :wink:

4 Likes

Pretty much every argument I get in I make all about me.

1 Like

It was ALWAYS about me, I often still think it should be but notice it sooner now and check myself rather than deciding just because it’s my partners birthday on holiday and he wants a quiet day and I think he should share a bottle of wine, because I obviously want that, even though he doesn’t want wine and is running his birthday for ME, so he gets a small glass, I drink the rest of the bottle, we get in to a fight, I disappear off on a blackout for 6 or 7 hours, come round, go home, argue some more that I hadn’t done anything wrong, disappear again and come home at 6 in the morning after partying all night, he spent his birthday alone, worried and angry and probably sick to death of me.

I was a total dick.

2 Likes

One of the worst things I did was make my someone dying all about me. I would act all distraught and use it as an excuse to go on benders that put my normal drinking pattern to shame. At my grandfather’s funeral I was constantly running out to my car to drink.

1 Like