All my friends are out partying

All my friends went out to party and i stayed home. Idk what to do with myself im getting the urge to go out :persevere::disappointed:

8 Likes

Turn off your phone and join in on the Friday thread!

You’re not missing anything not partying except regrets and shame. Give yourself a bath, each chocolate, watch some Netflix, and treat yourself tonight. Then you wake up tomorrow clear and free of regret.

6 Likes

Welcome! Coming on here and talking about it was a great idea. In the beginning, I read every post I could and participated as much as I could!

3 Likes

Thanks! Tmrw will be 7 days for me and its hard to watch my friends all out having fun without me :persevere:

3 Likes

Well…what helped me was the realization that my friends could party like that because they weren’t alcoholics. Looking back, I really didnt have fun…I was an embarrassment.

6 Likes

Haha, maybe i will treat myself to some chocolate :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ya, i wish i had a sober friend with me tho lol

2 Likes

You will find sober friends. It seemed impossible at first…however, for me, I found that drunks attract drunks…sober people attract sober people.

6 Likes

I sure hope so. I dont feel confident in that at the moment tho. :unamused:

2 Likes

Truth be told, probably most of us didnt in the beginning. Stay sober, it gets a lot better

4 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

We all need connection, we’re human. Actually that’s a good sign because connection is a healthy activity (the opposite of drinking & addiction, which is numbing and running away). Meetings are nice for that because you can meet people - check some out, just listen - you’ll feel less alone:

Online meeting resources

There’s also:

3 Likes

Hey @Bertoozi

Interesting I felt the same made it worse that I would work nights.

When I started my sober journey, i lost everything my house my job my live in girl I was in a different state, still am. I knew no one guess what I got a new group of friends, job etc. is it perfect no.

But I wake up in the morning no headache, no hangover no regrets.

6 Likes

I know i will feel good tmrw but in this moment i feel like im missing out on fun.

1 Like

I did too, like wtf I’m not having fun.

But how much fun is it, spending money on overpriced alcoholic drinks, making yourself sick. And essentially poisoning yourself? I did it for almost 25 years… your ahead of the game you just don’t see it yet

4 Likes

Ya i def wont miss spending all that money… Im always the one thats like shots for everyone! :sweat_smile:

I hear neighbors boom booming with loud music they probably drinking. I dont really feel like im missing out though. Did you drink when you went out to be social? I still felt awkward even if i drank most of the time.

2 Likes

Also remind your self and give your self permission to feel shitty it’s OK day 7 rearly is amazing but such early days try not to listen to that negative inner dialogue to much if possible BC it’s changing and your growing and changing for the better all the time, I’m 40 in May if I could go back and tell my younger self if I carry on this will be my life desperately getting worse BC addiction will always get worse never better I’d tell her, your worth love, your worth a happy life and good ppl that want good things for you, I’d tell her I loved her and I’m sorry its taken 20 years to finally understand.id tell her it’s not gona be easy be it’s all possible if you want it that bad you would stay clean a day at a time. All the best and I hope you can embrace that feeling when you open your eyes on a week clean, have faith that it will pass and it does.

6 Likes

How ya doing this morning?

I would drink every day if i was alone or to be social honestly. But it makes me wanna dri k more if all my friends are doing it as well. And ya im doing great today. Everyone is hungover and i am ready to go :grin::heart::nail_care: and i had a job interview today which i nailed and got the job! Its a good day today :heart:

5 Likes