Almost 1 month Sober Alchohol Dreams

I’m coming up on 1 month sober and keep dreaming about drinking. some mornings I wake up and think that I’ve actually drunk alcohol because the dreams were so Vivid that I almost want to check my bins to make sure that there’s no beer bottles in there.

Any 1 else experience this?

1 Like

Hi Robbie. It’s really common to have these dreams. I still get them sometimes, but less frequently, after almost a year.

I do find it helps to talk about the dream, and how you felt during and after it.

Well done on your month. It gets easier. Keep doing what you’re doing.

2 Likes

Yes! And I hate it! I wake up so confused and spend the next couple minutes feeling like i actually drank. I am now 56 days sober and i havent had a drinking dream in a couple of weeks

I feel a serious guilt every time i wake up.
Combined with phantom hangovers its a little bit shit haha

1 Like

I get them often. I use them as motivation! I think that my unconcious mind is still trying to understand why its pacifier is gone.

2 Likes

13 months sober and I still have these dreams. Went quite a while without one and then had a realllyy vivid one this week. I just take it to mean that my sobriety means everything to me and I’m scared of relapse. Reminds me that I have to keep working hard to stay sober. :blue_heart:

1 Like

I’m only 3 days in after a terrible relapse… but I did go 6 months dry before, and yeah, I had them for months and months afterwards. It’s normal. Just be thankful it was only a dream!

1 Like

I had a sober period of 5 years and still had those dreams. So yes it’s normal and for me it proves that my brain is a addicted brain forever.
In the beginning of quitting alcohol I had those dreams often, later on it appears seldom.

2 Likes