Almost 1 week sober

After heeding Albert Einstein’s advice about insanity, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go to an AA meeting. I will admit that I was nervous at first, but after four days I am starting to warm up to the idea. I thought I was going to be pressured to speak, but I wasn’t. You don’t even get those weird sideways looks. They are very welcoming and friendly and I could tell there was no judgement passed. These are people from all walks of life with their experiences and I would be a fool to not listen. I got a sponsor yesterday and she is great! Having someone I can check in with in addition to the meetings really inspires my journey on staying sober. For the first time in years I really feel like things will get better. Finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for letting me share

4 Likes

I am also almost 1 week sober. AA is definetly out of my comfort zone, I give you props for getting yourself in there!

Kudos to you for going it alone! I wish you all the best

Go they are just like you they wont judge and for the first time in your life you feel like a complete stranger totally understands you. The warmth you feel after building relationships with people in the rooms will change your life forever! Try something new everyday. Life is too short and my alcoholic thinking never got me anywhere.