Almost 3 days clean

So on Friday night I lapsed with alcohol. My drug of choice is cannabis, however I still used a mood altering substance which was alcohol. But fuck, I am glad I didn’t use anything else especially not cannabis. I’m glad I did not manipulate anybody or hurt anybody, or get in any trouble. I got myself home safely and that’s what mattered in the end.

I went to a meeting the next day, full of guilt, shame and resentment towards myself. I’ve gotten through it though. I was honest, open and of course, willing.

I have started step 1 again, I’m doing it to the best of my ability now. I’m writing it all out, more than I was before.

I will put my head on the pillow tonight, clean and sober. Just for today, my gift of recovery is staying clean today. I didn’t pick up, and right now that’s all that matters.

5 Likes

Every hour that you don’t pick up matters. Hell, every minute. And it all adds up to something amazing, seriously, it’s such a better way to experience life. You’re doing great. I’d say find a sponser, even a temporary one, and throw yourself into the steps. It really helps in the first days to have somebody checking in on you, who knows what you’re going through. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks Ashlee. I had to start step 1 again and I already have a sponsor which I am grateful for. I am going over my step one tomorrow.

I’ve got a home group now, and I just got a service position. So I’m feeling really good. 7 days clean almost!

60 days clean from my drug of choice tomorrow as well.

The good thing that you made the choice to get back on track
You made it three days and thats a great start
I just made my first week
And it feels amazing, once you reach that point i am sure you will feel amazing too
Stay strong
You can do it